Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Geometry group managment with Net-HOOK?

Hello,
I have a question about geometry groups:
With Net-Hook, is it possible and what is the way  to create a geometry group, add and remove  entitys on it, name it or rename it?
I need to manipulate many entitys, (points, lines arcs splines, surfaces, solids, meshes...) and it would be easier to group them through a group.
These entitys can be selected by the user or come from the result group.

In fact, i need to do with Net-HOOK, what the geometry group manager does (New, name a new group, and add some entitys on it).
In the on line documentation, i have found many information about toolpath an tool groups, but nearly  nothing about geometry group... And nothing too in the on-line examples...

Thanks in advance for your help!

image.png.10045a6599660cd30ecefbc946b93eb5.png

Right now, you cannot using the NET-Hook API.
There is this item in our backlog about this functionality -
[S-41011] : NET-Hook API - Add support for creating/manipulating Geometry Groups

Are you familiar with C++ programming?
Could create a C++/CLI "worker" DLL that your NET-Hook project references and calls to do this work.
What version of Mastercam are you running?

Thanks for your answer!

I work on Mcam2020.
Never had try to code in C++ and neither used the SDK package. i only try to code on vb.net with Net-HOOK, unfortunately...
Do you think it would be easy to create a C++ dll called by a vb.net program to do that?
Do you think that would be possible for a beginner like me?
C++ is it a part of Visual Studio or another standalone software (sorry, I don't have made any search, it's only to know if it's easy to make some tests)?
is existing some programming examples arround geometry manipulation and groups in C++?

1 hour ago, LMVUICHARD said:

C++ is it a part of Visual Studio or another standalone software (sorry, I don't have made any search, it's only to know if it's easy to make some tests)?

Yes from your installer you need to install desktop development with c++  with mfc/atl support and c++/cli if you are using visual studio 2019 you will need to download vs2017 platform toolset

Not to discourage you, as Peter will tell you, a C++\CLI  Add-In is a very flexible and powerful way to go.

But, I would not consider this a C++ beginner project.

If you email me  SDK[at]mastercam[dot]com]

Company contact info and details of what you're trying to have your add-in do, I can take a look .

Edited by Roger Martin from CNC Software
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, LMVUICHARD said:

Do you think it would be easy to create a C++ dll called by a vb.net program to do that?

If you are going to use c++/cli,you could use it for everything, It can do anything vb.net can do. I created an example project of a c++/cli add in that acts like a nethook but can access the chook sdk. You can download it here . However it may take you some time to learn.