Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolholder models

JB7280

I've always just used the simple portion of the simulator, and never really messed with the Verify feature that uses the actual machine model.    When i used it this morning, it shows all of my tools, basically hanging out of the spindle.  Do i need to accurately show the holder in the spindle?  Stupid question, i know, but I've never had to use it.

3 minutes ago, mayday said:

we use mostly Technics holders and they can be download as a solid.

one thing you need to do is edit the solid and cut the taper off at the gage line.other wise it will display the the taper hanging out of the spindle

Ok, that's what I was going to do.  Just wasn't sure if cutting the taper off was the "correct" way.  The Lyndex-Nikken holder models I have, also have tapers.

1 hour ago, mayday said:

we use mostly Technics holders and they can be download as a solid.

one thing you need to do is edit the solid and cut the taper off at the gage line.other wise it will display the the taper hanging out of the spindle

You can also key in the gage length of the holder and it will no longer be displayed. I normally cut the taper off though as it is just excess baggage.

16 minutes ago, mayday said:

one thing I dont like about machine sim on a hrz is it dont respect full Z retract at index. It blows the tool thru the part. not sure why

Nope, it does not...though if you pay to tie it to the post, they say it works...

For me, my post gives me a clearance Z jump that I have tied to the MR's so that at a WCS or Rotation change, it jumps...so typically, I set my clearance heights way back knowing I'm going to get the Z clearance I need when I post...