Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to set Mastercam to com3

Docfxit

1 hour ago, Joe777 said:

I usually take RS232 cable and hook it up my rear. It takes 3 farts to setup up a COM3 Port. The Baud rate is a little more complex for Mastercam 2018. You should contact your Mastercam Reseller for the exact sequence..

Is your place accepting applications? 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, Docfxit said:

I have Mastercam 2018

I have an RS232 cable from my CNC to the PC.  I set COM3 to the same speed and parameters on the CNC.

How can I set Mastercam to COM3?

Do you happen to have a licensed copy of Mastercam to use?

If you are a legitimate user, hooking up RS-232 isn't hard.

First hint: you don't "hook up Mastercam" to COM3. Assuming that COM3 is indeed properly configured to communicate (and your cable is correctly wired), then you need some type of "Communications Program for DNC". Now it is true that Mastercam used to ship with the "Communications utility", back in the "Version 1-9 days", but it no longer does in 2018.

What Mastercam 2018 does ship with; is a license of Cimco Edit V7 or V8. (I think V7), which does allow you to "send and receive files through DNC communications". You can setup the "machine 1" in the "setup" option, to use whatever COM port you want, and match the Parity, Data Bits, Stop Bits, Baud Rate, Handshaking, and so forth, so that you can communicate with your machine through DNC.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...