Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dirty operation on mastercam 2018 Lathe

Koulo89

Hi I'm new to this program and I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to program a tooling path for a groove in my mastercam  for lathe. As I program the tooling it is telling me that I have a DIRTY OPERATION.  It pop up a warning tab saying "No cut, tool does not fit." Also its telling me to select a Backplot. 

6 minutes ago, Koulo89 said:

Hi I'm new to this program and I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to program a tooling path for a groove in my mastercam  for lathe. As I program the tooling it is telling me that I have a DIRTY OPERATION.  It pop up a warning tab saying "No cut, tool does not fit." Also its telling me to select a Backplot. 

Is your insert the exact same size as the groove, If so i recommend you use the Point tool-path. 

1.jpg

The groove toolpath is mostly for making multiple passes, you might be able to get it to work on a groove that is the same width as the insert but for optimum tool motion i suggset the point toolpath and just lay out some points like i show on the image above.

4 hours ago, JoshC said:

Is your insert the exact same size as the groove, If so i recommend you use the Point tool-path. 

1.jpg

The groove toolpath is mostly for making multiple passes, you might be able to get it to work on a groove that is the same width as the insert but for optimum tool motion i suggset the point toolpath and just lay out some points like i show on the image above.

Yeah try that but it still wont let me. Here are some picture of the warning tab that pops up.

20200120_132117.heic

20200120_132147.heic

20200120_132153.heic

20200120_132204.heic

20200120_132211.heic

20200120_132214.heic