Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation - MASTERCAM 2019-2020

HI ALL,

I have modeled an Integrex I-200S, I have the machine assembled in the front plane in a separate mastercam file. The first issue that I am currently having is that the milling tools and lathe tools come in to the simulation 90 degrees apart, I would like them to be the same orientation as the Milling tools. This is the first machine that I have assembled so I am not even sure if it is set-up correctly. The toolpaths look right. The second issue I am having is, that on Mastercam 2019 I have been able to verify all the toolpaths both lathe and milling, despite the tool coming in 90 degrees off. However on Mcam 2020 I am only able to simulate a select group of turning paths, it seems like i can only simulate the ones that I drew custom 3D tools for. The file being used to compare 2019 and 2020 is exactly the same minus the version year.

-Thanks

4 minutes ago, Ucuellar2011 said:

HI ALL,

I have modeled an Integrex I-200S, I have the machine assembled in the front plane in a separate mastercam file. The first issue that I am currently having is that the milling tools and lathe tools come in to the simulation 90 degrees apart, I would like them to be the same orientation as the Milling tools. This is the first machine that I have assembled so I am not even sure if it is set-up correctly. The toolpaths look right. The second issue I am having is, that on Mastercam 2019 I have been able to verify all the toolpaths both lathe and milling, despite the tool coming in 90 degrees off. However on Mcam 2020 I am only able to simulate a select group of turning paths, it seems like i can only simulate the ones that I drew custom 3D tools for. The file being used to compare 2019 and 2020 is exactly the same minus the version year.

-Thanks

Well the Mastercam, Machine simulation doesn't support all of this without MT so you already going above and beyond what you can do. You can try doing a transform of the holder when it is defined to see if that helps, but I have only ever done milling simulation with Machinesim on these machines when I have built them and just trusted the lathe and call it a day.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, JParis said:

For an Intergrex, the ONLY way you're ever going to get good simulation is if you use the Mastercam Mill/Turn module

- Unfortunately, Its not in the budget.

42 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Well the Mastercam, Machine simulation doesn't support all of this without MT so you already going above and beyond what you can do. You can try doing a transform of the holder when it is defined to see if that helps, but I have only ever done milling simulation with Machinesim on these machines when I have built them and just trusted the lathe and call it a day.

-i was thinking this might be the worst case scenario. I tried the holder xform,but it rotates my milling tools out of the way. I did notice though on the Xform matrix, for Milling tools it stays at zero rotation. However when it loads a Turning tool it automatically puts in a -90 deg rotation in X. Im going to try building it on the top plane next. I dont want to give up.

-Thanks

I played around with it some more, I got it to work! it was actually very simple, i started assembling the machine all over when i realized the first bullet has a machine shift, i rotated the whole machine 90 deg to coincide with top plane, now it works like a champ, both turning and milling tools run perfect now!

turning tool.png

milling tool.png

machine rotation.png

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hello, 

I have simulated head with spindle of 5-axes gantry milling machine. The question: is it possible to set speed of simulation rapid traverse motions? If I want to simulate some paths, I can´t see moves betveen this paths. I think it´s very fast. I can upload some video later, if it is necessary.

Thank you

3 hours ago, erick189 said:

Hello, 

I have simulated head with spindle of 5-axes gantry milling machine. The question: is it possible to set speed of simulation rapid traverse motions? If I want to simulate some paths, I can´t see moves betveen this paths. I think it´s very fast. I can upload some video later, if it is necessary.

Thank you

Nope that will not be something it does. You want to see this then make all the G0 moves G1. Problem is you would have to have a post tied to your machinesim to do this. I could program Mastercam to do this, but not something I would even try.

Can I ask why this is being required and what purpose it will serve?

I just tried to ask, because I watched the video from Elvincnc - "Mastercam lathe machine simulation" in this topic and there was all moves nice "slow" and visible. 

But there is another one question: 

In simulation it seems like this:

image.png.cefe2ab75628511625a3fe834d0b2f0f.png

But in real machine the head is rotated 180 degrees. All another operations are good - head in simulation and in machine is equal. Only in this one operation is problem and I don´t know how to solve it. In simulation it seems good, but in real there is colision of head with workpiece at some places, because it´s rotated. 

Can you help me with this problem?  

13 hours ago, erick189 said:

I just tried to ask, because I watched the video from Elvincnc - "Mastercam lathe machine simulation" in this topic and there was all moves nice "slow" and visible. 

But there is another one question: 

In simulation it seems like this:

image.png.cefe2ab75628511625a3fe834d0b2f0f.png

But in real machine the head is rotated 180 degrees. All another operations are good - head in simulation and in machine is equal. Only in this one operation is problem and I don´t know how to solve it. In simulation it seems good, but in real there is colision of head with workpiece at some places, because it´s rotated. 

Can you help me with this problem?  

Without seeing your Machinesim file hard to tell. There are many different things in there to control this and when used with a post you get more control in 2020 than we ever had before. 

11 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Without seeing your Machinesim file hard to tell. There are many different things in there to control this and when used with a post you get more control in 2020 than we ever had before. 

Can I send you Machinesim file? Can you look at this file? 

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a similar set up only for an i300w.

I am really close to getting it ( i think I am)  but am hung up on the holder coming in 90° off. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix that? I was trying to follow Ucuellar2011 build since it's a similar machine but now I'm stuck. I tried the " holder_transform" but i keep getting this gimbal lock. I wish I new more.

I can run the sim with the holder 90° off and it looks like it's moving all axis the way it's supposed to so it's close.  

Thanks for any help. 

90-deg-tool.jpg

1 hour ago, Spotterhphc said:

I am looking for a similar set up only for an i300w.

I am really close to getting it ( i think I am)  but am hung up on the holder coming in 90° off. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix that? I was trying to follow Ucuellar2011 build since it's a similar machine but now I'm stuck. I tried the " holder_transform" but i keep getting this gimbal lock. I wish I new more.

I can run the sim with the holder 90° off and it looks like it's moving all axis the way it's supposed to so it's close.  

Thanks for any help. 

90-deg-tool.jpg

Did you follow his instructions about how he rebuilt the machine in TOP?

On 1/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, Ucuellar2011 said:

I played around with it some more, I got it to work! it was actually very simple, i started assembling the machine all over when i realized the first bullet has a machine shift, i rotated the whole machine 90 deg to coincide with top plane, now it works like a champ, both turning and milling tools run perfect now!

Hi I just saw your PM, id be more than willing to share, I will be out of the shop for a few days. But I can send you my sim file and set yours the same. Try re assembling it but dont add the c axis until the end. Before you import components right click it and add a rotation right away. I think it should revolve around the x axis. But I think i assembled the machine on front view in mastercam and had the issue with the tool coming in 90 deg off. So I did an xform and got it to top plane. Than saved the stl's in this orientation. And the first thing you do in the mach SIM is rotate it back to what would be the front view.

Sorry, I thought i put the gnomon in the screen shot. Here it is now.

Right after I sent that last response I looked at  Ucuellar2011 images again and noticed that the B-axis slider had +120° and -120° for values instead of the -30° and +210°. So that gave me the thought that maybe the B-axis needs to be perpendicular to C. I tried saving the B-axis STL in that 90° position and it worked ( for milling ). The image shows the new orientation when all axis are at zero position.

The only issue is that the turning tools won't rotate the B. They only display at the 90° position. The B-axis stays fixed.  

Can I just say that forums are great and I can't imagine life without em now. This is an extremely valuable tool emastercam. Just wish I had something to contribute. Maybe an edible arrangement will suffice. 😀

Thanks for all the help again. 

90-deg-tool.jpg

90-deg-tool-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who may want it I drew up a detailed model of an Integrex MIll head. The casting sections of the head are probably within .02" but everything else, for my machine anyway, is within .005. Way more detail than we need so i saved it as a .stp so you can modify to suite your needs. Mazak wanted $2000 for this model so I took an hour or so and drew it myself. Enjoy

INTEGREX-MILL-HEAD.stp

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Hello,

is there somebody, who can help me?

I have machine simulation and normaly, in 3 axis machinig, head is positioned like in 1st picture.

image.thumb.png.c7b94c3241ad44a27fefce2401d69110.png

But I need to turn head about 180° in C axis. When I set new coordination system with turned Y axis, in G code is head turned, but in simulation is still without change.

image.png.854001c22e3a3bc6de670f63af1c1fb9.png

image.png.16be6fc50bcd1b9413f4b789dc70da49.png

I hope that understand me. 

Is it possible to set it somewhere? Rotation of head in C axis have to depend on Y, that is what I need.

Thank you