Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3+2 tilt angle prioritazion

We have a Tsudakoma 3+2 5 axis table on our Okuma. The range is -30deg to 110deg.

Why does Mastercam prioritize the -30 deg over the 110deg? Meaning any move or cut that can be done within the -30 range it moves in that direction instead of just utilizing the 110 deg range.

53 minutes ago, jeff said:

We have a Tsudakoma 3+2 5 axis table on our Okuma. The range is -30deg to 110deg.

Why does Mastercam prioritize the -30 deg over the 110deg? Meaning any move or cut that can be done within the -30 range it moves in that direction instead of just utilizing the 110 deg range.

Want to make sure you have a post with Positive output controlled our have it setup the Machine Definition if using a 3rd Party Post to do that as well.

Interesting, I can't find MI9 or Mi10 in my post, it stops at mi8.

And I usually keep the box checked that says "Automatically set to post values when posting" (just out of habit)

miscint.jpg

All the toolpath was, is a simple 2D contour ramp of a hole,but tilted at an angle using Top/usercreatedplane/usercreatedplane as my settings.

And the operator had the 3 jaw chuck scroll too far out so when it tilted and rotated the scroll hit the table and caused a servo error.

I just changed the angle range in the MachDef to 0/110 so it can't tilt in that direction any more. Not a huge deal I just wanted to find out why.

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

It looks like your Post was built by Postability. They use different MI Values. 

Look at MI5$. Start Solution. The default is '0', which is Negative output. 

Try changing the limits back, and setting MI5 to '1'. (Be sure to force a regeneration when modifying MI or MR Values!)

Exactly what I think you need to do. You can default mi5 to 1 through the CMD if you want that to always be the option by default.

• Like 1