Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machsim MCAM2020

JParis

15 hours ago, JParis said:

Well, I'll tell you what...

The 1st tool I caught that caused it a was tool 15......I'd certainly love someone to explain how it's a dogleg when adding tool 15 into the simulation caused tool 2 to look like it gouging...or why adding tool 28 causes tool 19 tool look like it's gouging?

My retracts are set to 12"

Believe me, it's NOT doglegs

Vericut v9 with it's updated graphics is amazing. You will find yourself sleeping a lot better at nights! Mastercam has done good progress towards machine simulation. Hypermill  simulation  is spot on. it takes hours of Mastercam cheating to replicate some of the toolpaths.

8 hours ago, Joe777 said:

Vericut v9 with it's updated graphics is amazing. You will find yourself sleeping a lot better at nights! Mastercam has done good progress towards machine simulation. Hypermill  simulation  is spot on. it takes hours of Mastercam cheating to replicate some of the toolpaths.

I'd love to employ Vericut...I feel it's a necessary tool......to date, I cannot get the company to bite on it...though I'm not done trying

1 hour ago, JParis said:

I'd love to employ Vericut...I feel it's a necessary tool......to date, I cannot get the company to bite on it...though I'm not done trying

Yeah I'm in the same situation. Last Quarter they had me get quotes and compare different verification softwares. Now when MMS sends emails about them we forward them. 😂

• 4 months later...

Well, is everything fissed...simply put I don't know yet...

I did however revisit this 602 operation, transform heavy file to run through Machsim in 2021...

I am happy to report that with no changes at all to my settings, this file in 2021 Machsim did run through properly

This gives me hope that moving forward the Machsim issues that have been giving me fits on my HMC work have been addressed.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, JParis said:

I can understand that. As you know, I use software that has full kinematic simulation, that works very very well. But, it isn't full gcode simulation, and Vericut has a bunch of extra functions, that are great as well. I use the reporting regularly, and that some of my customers use it to determine areas for look for productivity improvements.