Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G53 noob Question

Just got my first mastercam.. I tried searching the forum before asking this but no luck.. I have a Haas VF-6.. .Would like the machine to go to X -30.0 y-3.0  at the end of each program.. What do I need to change and where so I do not have to manually input at the end of every program I make? Im using the Haas Generic 3x mill post processor 

Thank you in advance

25 minutes ago, profabtech said:

Just got my first mastercam.. I tried searching the forum before asking this but no luck.. I have a Haas VF-6.. .Would like the machine to go to X -30.0 y-3.0  at the end of each program.. What do I need to change and where so I do not have to manually input at the end of every program I make? Im using the Haas Generic 3x mill post processor 

Thank you in advance

What post are you using? Did you reach out to your dealer and see if they could assist as part of the original purchase of the Mastercam? 

5 hours ago, profabtech said:

Just got my first mastercam

If you want to learn about posts I would suggest the following:

Get hold of the MP documentation from your reseller, this may or may not be difficult...you might have to insist.

Take one of Colin Gilchrist's (you will see him here often) courses on Post Processer editing. They are not regular but check emastercam website to see if there is an upcoming course.

The amount of help you get in the PP forum is usually directly proportional to how people perceive your willingness to make an effort to help yourself.

Make a backup,

There is a post block called pretract.

If you look carefully you can decode what is going on.

You can place a line above the sm30.

You will want to follow the format there

Something like 

pbld, n$, "G53" , "X-10.” ,e$

Be mindful of the indent spacing as you can break it.

6 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

The output for "end of file" can be detected in the 'pretract' post block, by using 'if gcode$ = 1003'. The 1003 indicates that the call to 'pretract' came from 'peof$'. You can also put your code in 'peof$' to only output at the end of file.

Make sure you put 6 space characters to start the line. (Lines must be indented.)

That's the one I was thinking of.

Pretract would be after each tool change

On 1/29/2020 at 2:14 PM, nickbe10 said:

If you want to learn about posts I would suggest the following:

Get hold of the MP documentation from your reseller, this may or may not be difficult...you might have to insist.

Take one of Colin Gilchrist's (you will see him here often) courses on Post Processer editing. They are not regular but check emastercam website to see if there is an upcoming course.

The amount of help you get in the PP forum is usually directly proportional to how people perceive your willingness to make an effort to help yourself.

Not sure about the US, but  up here they haven't distributed the MP documentation in quite some time. 

1 hour ago, Kalibre said:

MP documentation

Have you tried the Mastercam website. If you have active maintenance you should be able to download from there?

It's worth getting the latest edition.

Don't forget resellers make some of there income from selling posts so they may be reluctant to get it for you, this happens in the US too.

I am unaware of anybody who has been unsuccessful if they stamped their feet  and whined enough, a quick e-mail to CNC in Connecticut requesting a copy because you can't get it thru your reseller has also gotten results.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, nickbe10 said:

Have you tried the Mastercam website. If you have active maintenance you should be able to download from there?

It's worth getting the latest edition.

Don't forget resellers make some of there income from selling posts so they may be reluctant to get it for you, this happens in the US too.

I am unaware of anybody who has been unsuccessful if they stamped their feet  and whined enough, a quick e-mail to CNC in Connecticut requesting a copy because you can't get it thru your reseller has also gotten results.

All I could find on documentation on the MC site was NCI parameters from X3-X6, maybe I'm looking in the wrong area?

Sent off an email anyway and until a hopefully positive response, I shall continue writing garbage code until it works by sheer will alone.