Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak VCU 500A-5X for sale

If anyone wants a 2015 VCU 500A-5X I have one in 100% working order for 90K$  It has lower hours, like 2000.   

It represents a machine that costs ~$240,000 to buy from Mazak new.  We just don't like Mazak, don't have a post for the machine, or a person who likes or understands Mazak. 

We want to get back to Fanuc.  We're a Fanuc shop, the Mazak employee hire was a mistake. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, AGreen5 said:

If anyone wants a 2015 VCU 500A-5X I have one in 100% working order for 90K$  It has lower hours, like 2000.   

It represents a machine that costs ~$240,000 to buy from Mazak new.  We just don't like Mazak, don't have a post for the machine, or a person who likes or understands Mazak. 

We want to get back to Fanuc.  We're a Fanuc shop, the Mazak employee hire was a mistake. 

You realize a Mazak is just like Fanuc? Mazak control are not hard at all and with the Mazatrol side to control tools you have a very nice machine. Good luck think your company should get it sold in a reasonable amount of time. 

• Like 1

The Mazak isn't brand supported by a dealer that cares about us in Wisconsin.   Mazak phone support isn't functional.  The guy who knew it wasn't sharing information about it, and the post I have is a 3 axis post that outputs A0.0 C0., so at a point you just realize you're working too hard to understand a brand that isn't better supported than Fanuc, or more efficiently programmed or operated than Hurco.  I could invest $6500 split between mastercam and Mazak in understanding it, but if I just buy a Fanuc machine from Doosan, Ellison will support me because they are good to do business with, and then we'll have zero spent toward Mazak or Mastercam, and have no headhache or training obstacles. 

I have to spend some small amount of time with my family.   I'm in the middle of putting together 4 patents right now, and I have to rank things on a scale of whether they matter or not.    If we keep the lights on without the Mazak running, it should just get off the floor so we can put a profitable machine where it sits. 

• Like 2
On 1/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, cncappsjames said:

The rest is dog pewp.

As far as milling machines, I would agree most of the time....   I compare them to Haas, they will get the job done but they are going to struggle keeping up with high end machines.   I do however feel they are a large step up from a Haas with better iron and controls. 

I find it interesting that the Integrex's typically have beefier spindles than their mills....

I also find it disturbing how many shops do the majority of their work using Mazatrol, even on the milling side and don't even have cam systems.  Then they will ask for some programming help, and I will reprogram something they have been running and end up with a cycle time at 10% of their original process.  Yet they still feel Mazatrol serves them well.  This isn't even on anything super complicated.  No 3D work anyway.

You can lead a horse to water, but alas they don't always drink.

I'm not a big fan of this machine, but alas, if I had the cash I'd be tempted to buy it at that price, even if it was just a hobby machine.  It'll go quick.