Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I know i'm out of line for this question

junky programmer

junkys probably already gone lol, probably at the AD forum right now trying to find out why the software isn't working very well for him... Just kidding haha, hopefully he is doin well with it but haven't heard from him since the original post so who knows.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

I was a manual machinist and CNC Machinist for 20+ year. I wrote my first CNC program with Pencil and Paper around 1988 

If I am not being challenged I got bored real easy

That sounds like me except I wrote my first NC program in 1975.  (before they invented dirt)

I too need mental stimulation and get in trouble when I don't have it.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, JParis said:

Many moons ago the company I was working for decided to go from Mastercam to UG NX for engineering CAD and CAM....in that case it turned into a $750k boondoggle.  After nearly a year it was decided that they would make the move the Engineering team had suggested and moved to Solidworks and back to Mastercam...that is where they are to this day some 15 years later.

At this point, I am so entrenched into Mastercam, if a company announced they were changing, short of a couple of software titles, I'd relocate myself. Featurecam would not be one of those titles

Our company uses NX internally.  But with what we do it makes sense.  Lots of CAD/CAM automation, loads of it in fact.  Externally, I and a select few others do things for our customers using Mastercam, NX, and Esprit, on an as needed basis.  So far I have only help customers with Mastercam....  One of the other guys has been doing projects in NX for a few customers that have it.

I used Featurecam about ten years ago, and wish never to touch that god awful software again.  As mentioned, you have zero control, none, zip, zilch.