Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program Organization

There is no standard on how the Mastercam program should be organized. It becomes extremely time consuming to understand someone else's logic. When it comes to revision changes: dealing with old school 250+ operations, all done on two color coded levels becomes a nightmare.

I wish there was a hook to organize a program to an agreed standard.

6 minutes ago, Joe777 said:

There is no standard on how the Mastercam program should be organized. It becomes extremely time consuming to understand someone else's logic. When it comes to revision changes: dealing with old school 250+ operations, all done on two color coded levels becomes a nightmare.

I wish there was a hook to organize a program to a certain agreed standard.

Hi,

Could you go into more detail of exactly the functionality you are looking for?

I think we need to have a discussion about this but let's start from "Toolpath Manager". Having 250+ operations in the same group is not very informative. Let's group operations in sequence with the same tool into it's own subgroup. If the same tool to repeat later on we create another group with a different prefix.

Next step is to sort all the geometry/surfaces used in each of this groups to its own levels, named accordingly. It will make everyone life so much easier.

I want to be able to open any program: run through a hook and get it into agreed standard format that I can easily understand.

Okay, so you want to move the operations from the manager to groups :

->sorted by operation type

-> then sorted by tool

->then sort the geometry by level based on the groups

Next question, are you planning on coding this yourself?

If that is the case perhaps I could set you up with an example project to help you get started.

1 hour ago, Joe777 said:

Your help is much appreciated. Coding is not an issue. This topic is about agreeing everyone on some sort of standard that will suite everyone.

^ You just need to install the chook sdk and visual studio 2015 or higher with desktop development with c++ and c++/cli and mfc x86 as well as dektop development with c#. The downloads for the sdk are here. https://my.mastercam.com/Communities/3rd-Party-Developers/SDK-Downloads

You only need the library, you don't have to do that other stuff.