Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Whatsapp Group

Jandr0

Is there any WhatsApp group for machinist/programmer in this forum?

I'm just a beginner 5axis programmer and my boss suggest me to learn from the expert here.

If u don't mind please accept me in, hope we can share any knowledge that programmer must have.

Thanks a lot.

If you have specific questions and you post them in the educational forum, I am sure someone will be happy to help you, perhaps ask your boss to get you some training materials from this site.

Thanks for the advice. I has already had 3 times training to our reseller before. Have another extra training is good, but wouldn't it better if we have a real group or maybe community? 

I mean that we can have a lot of sharing experience in that group like machining videos, which can inspire us. Job vacancies and selling merchandise are just the opportunity.

Because as far as I know, theory and practice are sometimes different. My company just plot 1 programmer only, which are no experience before. I just sometime feels lonely if there is no person who understand our job. Haha

But it's ok if we are in different opinion, I just ask if you have a group like that, then kindly invite me to join :)

4 hours ago, Jandr0 said:

Thanks for the advice. I has already had 3 times training to our reseller before. Have another extra training is good, but wouldn't it better if we have a real group or maybe community? 

I mean that we can have a lot of sharing experience in that group like machining videos, which can inspire us. Job vacancies and selling merchandise are just the opportunity.

Because as far as I know, theory and practice are sometimes different. My company just plot 1 programmer only, which are no experience before. I just sometime feels lonely if there is no person who understand our job. Haha

But it's ok if we are in different opinion, I just ask if you have a group like that, then kindly invite me to join :)

You're part of it now. Post up file with your work and effort. That shows seriousness on your part to learn. Feed a fish to someone feed them for a day teach them to fish feed them for life. The person who only want to eat the fish and not learn how to fish for themselves are the ones I don't like trying to teach because they don't want to learn they want a free meal. Show us how serious you are then you will see how much we are willing to help you. 

I am self taught I never took the 1st Mastercam class and I couldn't pass the Mastercam Certification tests. Funny I just taught a Certified Mastercam instructor about Mastercam and I quote "I thought I was a really good Mastercam Programmer till I meet you" to agree with yes practical theory is good and everything. However I am of the mind set real world experience of getting in the trenches and getting your hands dirty cannot and will never be the same as book learning. I agree people should be educated, but education should never be held higher than real world experience. The best surgeons are not ones who have only read books they are ones who have preformed countless surgeries and saved lives. Crazy how the Engineering world puffs itself up with all the degrees and education they have, but what does that mean?  You can sit in a class and be instructed? How about being able to think for yourself and do something? Show us you that your teachable, but also willing to put yourself out there and you'll be a better programmer than me before you know it. Now don't use me all that much as a gauging point, because they are much better programmers out there than me. I hope you get what I am saying and understand the meaning behind it.  

• Like 3
On 2/5/2020 at 2:59 AM, Jandr0 said:

Youtube is a very good resource also. There are lots of tutorials out there.

There's another 1,000 lb elephant in the room that hasn't even been touched on...

Piracy

I can tell you from experience, MOST, say Facebook groups and others, I'm quite certain, there are a LARGE percentage of pirates looking for help, posts and anything else you can think of..it's a bigger problem on this forum than IHS might care to admit but once you get away from the "official" support groups for Mastercam, piracy is a HUGE issue...

I removed myself from several groups because of it. I try to be mindful of who and what help I provide at this point, exactly because of it.

JM2C YMMV

1 minute ago, peter~ said:

What is that anyway? Some kind of package for 5 axis lathe?

It's specific for multi-tasking machines...comes with it's own setup routine, simulation module and specific for that machine, post processor...it is a complete environment for whichever specific machine it is purchased.