Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High accuracy ball nose for copper?

On 2/4/2020 at 3:40 PM, Leon82 said:

Cool I'll check those out.

They want profile of .0002 per.100 inch

What brand of machine?

On a Haas machine, you can use G141, 3D Cutter Compensation, to compensate a 3D surface. The surface Toolpath in Mastercam needs to output the Surface Contact vector data, and you have to edit your Post Processor to output the surface vector in addition to the XYZ position. I know Matsuura has a similar feature. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

What brand of machine?

On a Haas machine, you can use G141, 3D Cutter Compensation, to compensate a 3D surface. The surface Toolpath in Mastercam needs to output the Surface Contact vector data, and you have to edit your Post Processor to output the surface vector in addition to the XYZ position. I know Matsuura has a similar feature. 

Yasda microcenter.

We use a generic fanuc . I think mpfan was the base post

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Yasda microcenter.

I would imagine you could get 3D comp on a Yasda.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if cutting in 3axis all you need is the comp vector (IJK) added into the posted program with a g41/g42 to use 3d comp if you have the option.  I'm thinking you can't use G2/G3 with 3D comp as the vector would have to change from start to finish of the arc.

I'd love to know more about implementing it.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

I would imagine you could get 3D comp on a Yasda.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if cutting in 3axis all you need is the comp vector (IJK) added into the posted program with a g41/g42 to use 3d comp if you have the option.  I'm thinking you can't use G2/G3 with 3D comp as the vector would have to change from start to finish of the arc.

I'd love to know more about implementing it.

I got a call into our dealer and the machine apps people.

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Where can I find a code sample for them? I only found 1 reference in the yellow book under the 5 axis section g41.6 I think 

No, its G41 but with XYZIJKD  addresses.  Look under section 6 - compensation functions under the fanuc 31i manual specific to machining centers. 

It's in manual B-63944EN-2/03 page 264 with the heading - 6.9 - 3-Dimensional Tool Compensation (G40, G41).  

If you want a copy of my manual, let me know I can pm you a link.

10 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

No, its G41 but with XYZIJKD  addresses.  Look under section 6 - compensation functions under the fanuc 31i manual specific to machining centers. 

It's in manual B-63944EN-2/03 page 264 with the heading - 6.9 - 3-Dimensional Tool Compensation (G40, G41).  

If you want a copy of my manual, let me know I can pm you a link.

Okay I'll check tomorrow when I get back to work.The bin with all the yazda books didn't have the yellow fanic manuals in there I'll have to investigate a little deeper.

The good news is we sent our data points to the customer and the Taurus was in a couple tenths of the model

18 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

CAMplete outputs G41.2/G42.2 when you have wear comp turned on. Your Matsuura has the function if it's got the standard 5-Axis option package. 

G41.2D#517 will get you there, then you can put comp in your Corner radius offset. :coffee: 

Yes i am going to try the parameters you gave me on the matsuuras. This is on the yasda we have for a regular 3 axis surface parallel

• Like 1