Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Peck drill in backplot

Programinator

• 1 month later...

I'm going to jump in on this.  My problem is this, I have the drill pecking but the backplot does not show the drill rapiding back in the hole to the .02 clearance. Therefore it throws the time off in the backplot.  The program posts out good, with the rapid back in to the peck clearance.  So the post isn't the problem.  I just like to use the time on the backplot to give my boss a ball park time.  Any ideas?

Im using MC2020 update 2

PECK DRILL.JPG

14 minutes ago, cncworker said:

I'm going to jump in on this.  My problem is this, I have the drill pecking but the backplot does not show the drill rapiding back in the hole to the .02 clearance. Therefore it throws the time off in the backplot.  The program posts out good, with the rapid back in to the peck clearance.  So the post isn't the problem.  I just like to use the time on the backplot to give my boss a ball park time.  Any ideas?

Im using MC2020 update 2

PECK DRILL.JPG

This is a known problem in 2020 where we're feeding back in from the retract for each peck, so deep holes or holes with shallow pecks have backplot cycle times that are farther and farther off. 2021 addresses this to correctly account for the rapid down to clearance in the cycle time. A workaround in 2020 right now would be to swap to a chip break cycle in that operation temporarily to backplot it and see a more accurate cycle time if your boss needs a ballpark time.