Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS EC-1600ZT Horizontal rotary B-axis moves: No minus sign on B axis moves when it changes directions

I can't get Mastercam to output a minus sign on B axis moves when it changes directions on a HAAS EC-1600ZT Horizontal. I researched the forum and did not find anything conclusive. I was informed HAAS machines need the minus sign for direction. I'm on Mastercam 2019. The WCS plane is TOP and the Tool/Construction Planes are FRONT and the operation is a multi-axis flow with the tool orientation set to 4-axis for output format and Z-axis for Rotary-axis. It seemed like this challenge has been around for sometime in the earlier versions but is there a fix in either 2018/2019/ or 2020? Any suggestions?

Thanks, JCDFCM

fixed.  In the machine definition file, under B-axis -Continuous type, select the Signed continuous. Previously I had it set to Shortest direction. The post then output negative and positive values for the B-axis to determine direction. We tested a few op types like multi-axis drilling as well as multi-axis flow and all went well. The credit is due to an individual on the www.Mastercam.com  forum under the same topic...gotta give the credit  to the person who found it.

• Like 1