Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is it possible to change the letter for position in a certain drill cycle?

In a certain probe (drill) cycle I need I & J output for x and y position, respectively.

Currently I use misc drill parameters. 

I and j are the x y points for a z measurement.

The problem is if you want to chain a large amount of points you have to edit those two parameters for each point.whereas if I can get it to just output the point position it with I and j it would save a lot of time.

I played around quick and it gave me a duplicate format statement error.

Can you tie a condition to mi$, mr$, canned text, a drill parameter or custom drill parameters?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed that or already doing that. Try adding a condition that will reinitialize it until your done with the probing.  I'm done for the weekend and I don't have my post at home.

Try searching here for pmachine and you will see a different example but it will show the process.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

You can use the 'nwadrs' function to assign a different 'prefix' character to any variable output.

result = nwadrs(xabs, "I")
     result = nwadrs(yabs, "J")

But you have to remember to set them back to the original prefix, after you have finished the output. (I would do this in 'pcanceldc$' Post Block.)

Awesome thank you!

• Like 1