Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 AXIS HELP WITH T&C PLANES

dolphin1

I mostly do 3+2 machining on the 5 axis. im trying to just do a simple face cut but have limited travel on x axis so i want to rotate the part to do it on the y axis. i set up a t/c plane from the center of rotation and in graphics it shows right but wont post out correctly. its in the top plane and mastercam overrides the tc plane and posts it out on the x axis. is there any way to to get this to post out correctly. im using X9.

Thanks

1122722 42-2872 A 5TH.Z2G

35 minutes ago, dolphin1 said:

I mostly do 3+2 machining on the 5 axis. im trying to just do a simple face cut but have limited travel on x axis so i want to rotate the part to do it on the y axis. i set up a t/c plane from the center of rotation and in graphics it shows right but wont post out correctly. its in the top plane and mastercam overrides the tc plane and posts it out on the x axis. is there any way to to get this to post out correctly. im using X9.

Thanks

1122722 42-2872 A 5TH.Z2G

If your Plane is "aligned with the Top Plane", then the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Posts do not support a "rotated Top Plane". You will need to work with your Reseller or a 3rd Party Post Developer, to get a Post which is setup to allow a "rotated T/C Plane which is parallel to System Top (WCS) view".