Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Long Post Times

GoetzInd

Hi Guys,

We have some programs here that take over an hour to post out. They have extensive surfacing and multi axis tool paths and axis subs (I think the axis subs are the killer). When posting, it seems as though MC is only using one core. Is there a way to improve on this?

TIA

Mike 

Thanks for the reply. I already have MC set to use multiple cores. However, i'm interested in the default priority function in that window in MC 2020. We are still running 2019 here. What are the options on the drop down?

It's definitely axis subs bogging it down. 

Mike

Have you tried it with a different post?  Maybe download the latest version, or the version to match the software you're using and see if is any better.

It was funny you mentioned you think it's axis subs...in a new 2020 Gen Fanuc 4 axis this is in the notes

# CNC 05/23/11  -  Modified pcoutrev to fix potential endless loop when processing axis sub
# CNC 09/01/11  -  Modified pcoutrev to fix potential endless loop when processing axis sub for null tool change operation

If it's an old post....you never know...

10 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Just to update- the issue with this wasn't the posting of the axis sub itself, but the posting of a Transform-Rotate of the axis sub, which is not technically allowed. There's a KB article on how to use Transform on axis sub ops without using Transform-Rotate:

https://kb.mastercam.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50169.aspx?Keywords=Axis+sub 

Sorry, but if it is in the software as a possible process then it should be allowed shouldn't it? I know your the messenger, but technically he wouldn't have done it if he didn't feel he needed it. Just my thoughts for the morning is all.

4 hours ago, Chally72 said:

I have the same thoughts on this, and as someone who has never tried to transform-rotate an axis sub, I ran into the exact same tripwire....

What exactly happens when the axis sub is transform rotated?  I did this this week and the only thing that went wrong was the post output the c axis mirrored.  That was certainly a post problem.  No endless loops.  But this behavior happened regardless of transform ops or not.