Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

automatically post out high speed machining codes?

Hydrazine

My machine uses a couple of different HSM codes, but they need to be turned on after the tool call and before the G43 line, and turned off before the next tool change.  

It's a pain in the butt to insert them manually every time I post out code, so I am wondering if there's a way to designate an operation as needing HSM and have the codes automatically post out?   I was playing around with the canned text and misc values fields but I wasn't able to get it to post out in the correct places.  

I figure this must be a common thing - any easy solutions?  Thanks!

Thanks for the replies.  I looked into the options listed above and it seems the misc integers is the easiest way to go.  I have a fair bit of experience in modifying posts so I think it will be easy to implement.

One question, however.  I noticed the misc integers option is not available for some toolpaths - an example from today was a dynamic milling toolpath.  Is the misc integer option only shown for toolpaths where wear comp is used?  What if I wanted to enable the HSM code on a toolpath that does not allow the misc integer option to be selected?

And I noticed in the machine definition, there is a place where I can seemingly enter the text that will be displayed on the menu for each misc integer.... but when I entered the text I wanted, it does not show up in the misc integer screen when I go into the toolpath.  Is there something else I need to do to get that to work?

Thanks again

7 hours ago, Hydrazine said:

One question, however.  I noticed the misc integers option is not available for some toolpaths - an example from today was a dynamic milling toolpath.  Is the misc integer option only shown for toolpaths where wear comp is used?  What if I wanted to enable the HSM code on a toolpath that does not allow the misc integer option to be selected?

I use misc integers on most of my dynamic milling operations.

7 hours ago, Hydrazine said:

And I noticed in the machine definition, there is a place where I can seemingly enter the text that will be displayed on the menu for each misc integer.... but when I entered the text I wanted, it does not show up in the misc integer screen when I go into the toolpath.  Is there something else I need to do to get that to work?

This might have something to do with your dynamic milling issue. Pre-version 2018 you could do all of the text work much more efficiently inside the post. Now with XML sadly it's more efficient to do it through the machine def - control def. I understand because of language varieties this makes life easier for MC but it makes more work for the customer no matter what language is being used.