Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam For Solidworks Lathe Stock Transfer

yosip1115

Anyone have any luck doing this? I can select solid geometry for transfer if I am creating mastercam toolpaths in a solidworks PART file, but I am unable to do this in a solidworks ASSEMBLY file. 

I'm working on a system to allow me to do ever aspect of programming our multus in one place. This happens to be in a solidworks assembly. I am a solidworks guy. Been using it since 2012 heavily and have been using mastercam for solidworks since 2018. I find it to be very powerful and smooth for me. I'm able to do more with both the solidworks and the mastercam tools at my disposal. 

My goal is to get a complete multus setup done with no hand editing or inserting code of any sort. 

Import part solids, import main and sub chucks and jaws. Load stock file STL of castings or use round/square for billet work.

Program main spindle work, transfer stock, program sub spindle work, post out as one complete program ready to run (or as close as POSSIBLE since the multus does have a lot going on...)

Only thing I'm missing is the lathe stock transfer feature that I lose when I am working in an assembly file. (2019 SW and 2019 MCAM).