Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camplete Setup

JB7280

Is anyone on here familiar with Camplete?  My employer just bought an HMC that came with a license of Camplete, and I can't seem to get it working right.  I have a simple, 3 tool program, WCS is set as the top of the pallet, and the C/T plane is part zero.  This program only has machining on one face.  When I export to camplete, I'm getting a part/fixture half embedded into my pallet, and flipped face down.  I don't program from center of rotation because it just isn't the best option for our work.  Any one have any idea?  This is the first part I've tried to export, so I'm sure it's just a setup issue.

Okay,

Under manage and I believe it's options.

Go to files

there should be something for mastercam with a bunch of settings If you go to advanced properties and I'm going off the top of my head.

There is a setting to import work ordinance treat as multiple datums or something.We had to use the second check box down I believe If we using anything other than default home. Also on the export tool there is a setting to use top or to use current work coordinates when you export your Stl files

Also with camplete it may be using the center of the table and the face of the table as a default work offset.

for example on our five axis we always use the face of the table as the work coordinates z

4 hours ago, Leon82 said:

After rereading I would go into cam wizard.

There you will see a tab for transforms you can transform a single axis or you can transform your world z I would try that because it sounds like that's what you need to do

Is there a particular way I need to set up my planes in my MC file for Camplete to work properly?  I've yet to really feel like I'm using planes correctly, so if there's a particular way Camplete likes it to be, I could easily adapt.  Right now my WCS is top of the pallet, with Z pointing up.  Respective tool planes are at the primary casting datums, rotated accordingly.  I was able to get the fixture/part in the right place in camplete, but the toolpath now seems to be in the wrong place.

edit- transform my world Z how?

4 hours ago, Greg Williams said:

You need to have B0 as the top plane, if you use the C-hook importing files in very simple

You mean the Camplete button in Mastercam?

So how will that work if I have multiple setups in one Mastercam file?  Only 1 can have B0 as top, right?  Or am I totally missing something?

1 hour ago, JB7280 said:

You mean the Camplete button in Mastercam?

So how will that work if I have multiple setups in one Mastercam file?  Only 1 can have B0 as top, right?  Or am I totally missing something?

That's it that setting I rambled about earlier. I have multiple files with top and bottom origins. I'll screen shot it Tuesday of I can

7 hours ago, Leon82 said:

That's it that setting I rambled about earlier. I have multiple files with top and bottom origins. I'll screen shot it Tuesday of I can

That would be awesome.  I've never been real confident about how I set up my planes.  I'm trying to use Mastercam as I'm told it's supposed to be used, with all your setups in one file, and it seems to cause me more problems than it solves.  But I'm sure there are things I'm not doing right.  And unfortunately, our reseller isn't a whole lot of help with most things.  

7 hours ago, Greg Williams said:

Some run Horizontals with Front plane as B0, I use top plane as B0

https://youtu.be/8JE5X2XPJCo

Thanks!  That's a great example, but what I meant by multiple setups, is multiple setups of the same parts.  Aka, multiple pallets.  For instance, the current part I'm working on, has 3 operations. Each operation has the part rotated a different way, and the way I've been doing it, doesn't seem to be liked by Camplete.

CAMplete is super easy to use. i program all my operations in one mastercam file. combination of 3 axis material prep op, then the 5 axis program then back to the 3 axis for the last op all in one file. when exporting to CAMplete you select which operation to verify. need to reach out to CAMplete for a webinar. in my opinion they have the best support that i have ever had to deal with. also you have james on this forum who is very helpful as well. it sounds like all you need is some basic training and you will be on your way. once you start using CAMplete you will wonder how you got by without it, especially when running 5 axis machines.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Does the machine have pallet face program management?

Yes, but the nature of the parts in working on, is 1 fixture/part per pallet, not tombstones.  And I'm machining multiple rotations/faces on each fixture/operation/setup.  Hopefully that makes sense.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, GIZMO 21 said:

CAMplete is super easy to use. i program all my operations in one mastercam file. combination of 3 axis material prep op, then the 5 axis program then back to the 3 axis for the last op all in one file. when exporting to CAMplete you select which operation to verify. need to reach out to CAMplete for a webinar. in my opinion they have the best support that i have ever had to deal with. also you have james on this forum who is very helpful as well. it sounds like all you need is some basic training and you will be on your way. once you start using CAMplete you will wonder how you got by without it, especially when running 5 axis machines.

I will contact Camplete about the webinar.  

Do you have a sample file you could send me, so that I could see how your planes are set up?  I seem to have gotten it, but I'm not sure how I would get it to work with multiple ops in one MC file.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, JB7280 said:

Is anyone on here familiar with Camplete?  My employer just bought an HMC that came with a license of Camplete, and I can't seem to get it working right.  I have a simple, 3 tool program, WCS is set as the top of the pallet, and the C/T plane is part zero.  This program only has machining on one face.  When I export to camplete, I'm getting a part/fixture half embedded into my pallet, and flipped face down.  I don't program from center of rotation because it just isn't the best option for our work.  Any one have any idea?  This is the first part I've tried to export, so I'm sure it's just a setup issue.

Definitely  get some training on this if you intend to use it. I wouldn't worry much about the post side, as hmc is simple enough, but you will likely find their simulation super helpfull...depending on the work you do.

Their support is top notch too. I wish  they worked closer with DMGMORI...that'd be a riot....if i will have any say in this...then sooner or later ;)

7 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Much easier to hand over sample files than explain. 

In the zip file is a CAMPlete Project and a ZipToGo file with the Mastercam File, Machine, Control Def, Post, etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvrpemoxb2kvirb/CAMplete HMC Sample Project.zip?dl=0 

Give it a look and it'll be easier to answer questions. 

This is who I learned how to use CAMplete from. :) Thank you sir.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

In the zip file is a CAMPlete Project and a ZipToGo file with the Mastercam File, Machine, Control Def, Post, etc...

Awesome, thank you.  I will check that out tonight!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

This is what i get when export that MC project to Camplete.  Maybe I'm beyond help.  🤣😂CP.thumb.PNG.ed403515e12adbc8fe37d5a1203ca423.PNG

29 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

...Maybe I'm beyond help.  🤣😂

Never. As long as I live and breathe anyway. 😛 

What state are you located in?   

Open CAMplete. No project. Go to The Manage Tab, in the resources ribbon, click machines. Select your machine, click the edit button. Go to the "transforms" tab on the left. For Rotation 1, set to X-Axis and put in 90. Deg. Click OK. Click Close. Close CAMplete. Start from Mastercam again. It will come into CAMplete in the right orientation then. 

1 hour ago, cncappsjames said:

Never. As long as I live and breathe anyway. 😛 

What state are you located in?   

Open CAMplete. No project. Go to The Manage Tab, in the resources ribbon, click machines. Select your machine, click the edit button. Go to the "transforms" tab on the left. For Rotation 1, set to X-Axis and put in 90. Deg. Click OK. Click Close. Close CAMplete. Start from Mastercam again. It will come into CAMplete in the right orientation then. 

I'm in FL.  I will try that tonight if I've got time.  I have a part that I got to simulate correctly in Camplete, but I'm using a "tooling ball" location for each rotation offset.  How can I direct Camplete to use that offset?  Even though it posts that way through Mastercam, Camplete seems to handle it differently.