Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dynamic fixture offset / dynamic work offset

3DGee

hey guys i was wondering if i could get a little help . i am using a brother S1000 its a 3+2  and i have been programming it from center line of rotation but i recently saw a haas video on youtube showing you how to use dynamic  work offsets using g54.1   i have been looking around online to see if that works with fanuc controls or if its only a haas  thing. the video seemed pretty cool and im newer to programming 5 axis and i wanted to know if anyone knew if this worked with my control and or machine . thanks!

Many years ago we used macro for that.

So coordinates of center of rotation was kept in G58.

The macro took coordinates of part G54 or G55 calculates according to G58 and rewrite new coordinates for each position to G59.

We used it in another software but when i asked In House Solution they made similar postpsossesor for 4 axis.

2 hours ago, OVodov said:

Many years ago we used macro for that.

So coordinates of center of rotation was kept in G58.

The macro took coordinates of part G54 or G55 calculates according to G58 and rewrite new coordinates for each position to G59.

We used it in another software but when i asked In House Solution they made similar postpsossesor for 4 axis.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:49 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

usually this is an option and musst be activated in your controll. However, if you don't have this option at all, you can achive a dynamic workoffset with a macro.

I don’t want to hijack this thread but I’ve been thinking about doing this for our trunnion. Is it as straight forward as solving for new point and overwriting offset or using G52 and shifting current Workoffset? Which order of solving if rotations don’t intersect?

My A Axis Z is -.0045 below C axis and Y-.0008. I thought about the math to figure points but my mind just stops at a certain point when I think about this shift.  Right the now programming with COR the post handles this shift and everything is sub .001.