Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Seats?

Dragun

My boss asked what it would take to obtain another seat for MC. I told him, get a hold of our distributor and ask them which he did. He told me  he was told it would be over ***** grand for another seat. I told him that does not sound right? Whats up with that?

Edited by gcode
pricing deleted per TOS

Pricing isn't supposed to be discussed on this forum...

Generally speaking, it depends on what kind of seat and the options being purchased....and where(locale) the seat is being purchased.

Check the CNC Software website and see if there's another reseller in your area...

That would be correct depending on your options. Floating licenses vs HASP, and options within MC. Lots of addons available. 5ax alone is very pricey and has other things that aren't accessible without it. Productivity+ for probing is another addon. In all, MC is reasonably priced with others. Around the middle of the pack. 

It depends on what you buy and how you are licensed.

Multiple modules bundled on a  USB hasp should be cheaper than the same modules on a

nethasp and some dealers offer multi seat discounts.

If you don't feel you need 2 seats of multiaxis it would be cheaper to go nethasp

and just buy a 2nd seat of mill /lathe (if needed)

Running a nethasp a user is only using what he needs and can access all modules if neccessary

On a USB hasp you have to buy everything, even if the multiaxis is rarely used

4 minutes ago, gcode said:

It depends on what you buy and how you are licensed.

Multiple modules bundled on a  USB hasp should be cheaper than the same modules on a

nethasp and some dealers offer multi seat discounts.

If you don't feel you need 2 seats of multiaxis it would be cheaper to go nethasp

and just buy a 2nd seat of mill /lathe (if needed)

Running a nethasp a user is only using what he needs and can access all modules if neccessary

On a USB hasp you have to buy everything, even if the multiaxis is rarely used

Maybe that is a difference between companies as well. We have 3 USB hasps at my company and only 1 has multiaxis.

2 hours ago, jwvt88 said:

Maybe that is a difference between companies as well. We have 3 USB hasps at my company and only 1 has multiaxis.

When you bundle modules on a USB Hasp the purchase price is a little lower because only one persona can use it at a time on one computer

and there is a bundling discount.

On a NEThasp all those module are available to multiple users simultaneously.

In your case a nethasp could support 3 programmers and any one of them could use the multiaxis license

We have 5 seats of mill/lathe but only 3 seats of multiaxis which saves a nice peice of change over 5 USB hasps with mill/lathe/multiaxis

There are also unbundling fees if you break out a USB and move it to a Nethasp

Depending on the number of programmers your are trying to support Nethasp is the better long term solution

Another good reason to use a nethasp is your can access it remotely via VPN and work at offsite.

Another reason is a nethasp can be locked up in the IT room and is less likely to walk away as USB hasps sometimes do.