Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old Ramsaver new Repair File.

crazy^millman

I got a monster part I have been working on. I was pulling about 30gb on the Mastercam file checking the resource manager. I remember ram saver years ago cleaning up the database. Way it was explained to me was it is in essence a file save, close and reopen. I ran the repair file and it dropped down to 11gb it is currently pulling on my system.

You start seeing your system get slow this is a good option or shutting down the session and restarting. Just something I thought was worth sharing.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Thad said:

I never work on files even remotely close to that size, but it's good info to know. Thanks for sharing Ron. 👍

Thankfully this system has I-9 with 128gb of memory so I can push it up to pulling a 100gb. I have this laptop sitting on a cooler plate, but even then at times I keep looking for it to hover the fans or running so hard. This morning the same file is only pulling 4gb on the system so just have to keep on eye on the amount it is pulling to know the DB is being over taxed and rinse repeat the above.

• Like 1
On 2/24/2020 at 8:31 AM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Thankfully this system has I-9 with 128gb of memory so I can push it up to pulling a 100gb. I have this laptop sitting on a cooler plate, but even then at times I keep looking for it to hover the fans or running so hard. This morning the same file is only pulling 4gb on the system so just have to keep on eye on the amount it is pulling to know the DB is being over taxed and rinse repeat the above.

Ron, What laptop chassis are you running these days?

5 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Ron, What laptop chassis are you running these days?

Dell 7740 with i9-9980 HK with 128gb of memory and Nvidia Quardo RTX500 I got it with stock 256 m.2 SSD and swapped them out for Samsumg Pro 970 1tb m.2 drives. I am using the Thunderbolt WD19TB I got for free after waiting for my dell reward to apply running 3 ASUS 27" Monitors. The Laptop is sitting on top of a 15" dia fan base cooling plate that runs 24/7. Once I disabled the Onboard graphics and tweaked a couple other things is has been holding it's own.