Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

In House IKE Post Processors

gcode

I got my monthly Mastercam Newsletter this morning

As usual there was a list of Business Partners at the bottom

including a new one,  IKE Post Processors from In House Solutions

I'm thinking WTF is IKE?

So I clicked on the link

IKE Posts

Interesting !!!

IKE stands for  " Inverse Kinematic Engine "

Looks like In House has been busy

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6
23 minutes ago, peter~ said:

Very interesting G, a gui for post editing, this could be a game changer. 

Both ICAM and IMS have had  GUI driven post editing for years

It's pretty simple to get the kinematics nailed down, but getting the code to output in the desired format and order

can be challenging if you are not a coder.

It looks like this is only available to MC dealers right now.

If this produces kinimatically aware posts for Mastercam, it is a game changer though.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, gcode said:

It's pretty simple to get the kinematics nailed down, but getting the code to output in the desired format and order

If this produces kinimatically aware posts for Mastercam, it is a game changer though.

Yes, I recently started to look into post coding, it seems very complicated and the names of the functions are not clear. I hope this becomes available for the end users.

34 minutes ago, peter~ said:

Yes, I recently started to look into post coding, it seems very complicated and the names of the functions are not clear. I hope this becomes available for the end users.

There is an MP Post manual available.

I could not find it on Mastercam.com... You may need to request a copy from your dealer

We are really excited about the new products we have been working on in the Post Department at In-House.

IKE (Pronounced to rhyme with Mike) is our new generic post engine that we have had in circulation for the last few years. It is designed to solve for any kinematics that is defined in the machine definition. We also in include calculation options for any coordinate output style, ie. TCP, Tilted Work Plane, Trunnion shifts.

We have a large library of IKE posts developed for most available controllers. Each of these controller-specific posts supports the various machine functions such as G43.4 and G68.2 for Fanuc, or TRAORI and CYCLE800 for Siemens.

We also have IKE posts for Lathe machines, which has its own great features like a much more intuitive part handling section for machines with sub spindles.

Our IKE posts also contain a little-known secret - A free generic setup sheet that can be generated when posting the code.

IKE+ is our new interface for code free post editing of IKE posts. It offers customization of all the things mentioned above, and so, so much more, with even more control and customization coming down the pipe.

While it is still in a fairly early stage of development, we are currently only offering IKE+ to resellers.

I would love to so some Beta testing in the near future to benefit from the knowledge and experience we have on this forum, so stay tuned for that.

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, gcode said:

Lack of GUI post editing has been why I've just been doing all my posting in CAMplete. Way too easy not to do it that way.  

Bringing kinematic awareness is long overdue. 

• Like 1

What is this kinematic awareness exactly...can someone explain this more in details what it does?.....just asking cuz for example I have all my posts set-up to give me vectors instead of the direct machine axes. That way I have one post for all Fanuc machines one for Sinumerik and one for Heidenhain....and they all support different machine kinematics ..I don't understand why one will wanna buy posts for every individual kinematic.

• Like 1

The most straightforward definition of kinematic awareness is that the software/post knows the rotary configuration of the machine and limitations (not just axis limits) of the particular kinematic.

Typically when you program a part you need to create a plane in the correct orientation so the post outputs the correct orientations. With CAMplete, I only care about Z. Make sure Z is the correct direction and I'm good. 

Vector programming... meh. I can take it or leave it personally. JM2CFWIW 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

The most straightforward definition of kinematic awareness is that the software/post knows the rotary configuration of the machine and limitations (not just axis limits) of the particular kinematic.

Typically when you program a part you need to create a plane in the correct orientation so the post outputs the correct orientations. With CAMplete, I only care about Z. Make sure Z is the correct direction and I'm good. 

Vector programming... meh. I can take it or leave it personally. JM2CFWIW 

I've had the luxury of kinematic awareness for a few years now *cough*.  It makes a big difference to the programming workflow :)

6 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Vector programming... meh. I can take it or leave it personally.

With IKE posts the Tool plane orientation does not matter. We use the Z-axis orientation only and map all XY motion as needed. Makes programming much easier.

I agree with you on the vector programming. I works great most of the time, but I don't trust the machine to move the same direction the post is calculating. I have seen some crashes and bad motion in vector mode that could have been avoided using rotary angles.

• Like 2