Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ID Splined Shaft Vendor

Rob B

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I am looking for a shop that can do a ID Spline in qty 6 shafts. It is a standard DIN/ISO 14  DIN 5463 spline configuration. We can do all the work except the splines. File attached

Rewind Spindles Atlas Chuck rev 2007.mcam

Talk to Advent, PH Horn or one of the companies that make ID broaches for the CNC Lathe. I have done this going back 15 years on CNC Lathes with no problem. Yes for 6 parts may not break even on the tooling, but being able to do this in house with existing equipment will start setting your shop apart from others.

21 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Talk to Advent, PH Horn or one of the companies that make ID broaches for the CNC Lathe. I have done this going back 15 years on CNC Lathes with no problem. Yes for 6 parts may not break even on the tooling, but being able to do this in house with existing equipment will start setting your shop apart from others.

Did you look at the drawing for spline type? I have been wanting to have this capability but wasn't sure if broaching on a CNC lathe or mill was hard on the spindle bearings.

I will look these guys up over the weekend. Thanks

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Did you look at the drawing for spline type? I have been wanting to have this capability but wasn't sure if broaching on a CNC lathe or mill was hard on the spindle bearings.

I will look these guys up over the weekend. Thanks

we do rotary broaching hexes and squares on our  Mazak integrex , works very well

not sure if you can find a spline broach

14 minutes ago, htm01 said:

we do rotary broaching hexes and squares on our  Mazak integrex , works very well

not sure if you can find a spline broach

That's what I was thinking. But haven't done the rotary broach before. I don't know what is offered.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, deeside4x4 said:

ive just broached internal splines on my haas tm1 with 4th axis sitting upright with the help of mastercam tech help. worked great,all done in mastercam 2020, made my own broach tool using a square milling tip,0.05mm depths of cut to 1.9mm deep.  27 splines 28mm od.

yam broach.mcam

That is exactly how I have told people to do it for years. Good work.

• Thanks 1