Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

We have published new CNC Software official Visual Studio project templates for Mastercam. You can download and install via the links below or from withing Visual Studio search online extensions for "Mastercam".

VB.NET NET-Hook Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 project templates

C# NET-Hook Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 project templates

C++ C-Hook Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 project templates

Each .NET project template contains a Wizard interface to allow you to target any installed version of Mastercam and optionally add additional Mastercam API's (ToolNetApi, SimAccessManaged, etc)

The C-Hook project templates allow you to select from 3 different C-Hook project types and target any installed C-Hook SDK kit.

If you have any questions or suggestions please let us know.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be cool to see Mastercam Templates for nethooks in other languages someday..

C++/Cli / Iron Python / FSharp / Java

The last two especially are heavily used, if Mastercam would support them we could see a lot more users coming to the platform.

A c or .net interop project with python would also be good because python users would wamt to use actual python.

2 hours ago, Thee Byte™ said:

It would be cool to see Mastercam Templates for nethooks in other languages someday..

C++/Cli / Iron Python / FSharp / Java

The last two especially are heavily used, if Mastercam would support them we could see a lot more users coming to the platform.

A c or .net interop project with python would also be good because python users would wamt to use actual python.

We do have a backlog item for a C++/CLI template so that is coming.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, eltklas said:

I want to start programming with .NET and Mastercam, I have installed Visual Studio 2022, but there is an error when I try to install the templates. Is the 2022 version the problem?. I searched the 2017 o 2019 version but only find the 2022. Thanks

Hi,

those templates are not built for Mastercam 2022 yet as it is fairly new.

You can dowload the old version of visual studios here -> Downloads - Visual Studio Subscriptions Portal

You can alternative build your own templates from scratch.

I added a few tutorial videos with visual studio and mastercam 2022

Creating a C# Nethook for Mastercam - YouTube

Exporting a Visual Studio Project Template - YouTube

xx4g/CustomNethook: Mastercam C# Nethook Example (github.com)