Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bugs and issues with 2020

SSS824

Ok ... as you wish.

Currently hard turning, so my stock is equal to my solid geometry.

Same toolpath, with a picco bore. running into a .56 major dia into a 1.5277 degree taper, going back z-0.9684.

Test1.min has no reference point, test2.min has a x7. z1. reference point.

test2.min

test1.min

.Min files are just text files from an Okuma.

This must be handled in the post then. Here Is what I get from the fanuc post:

%
O0002(12446390-REV-B-OP2)
(POSTED - 03-09-20 11:02 AM)
(MACHINE -  HWACHEON_2X_LATHE)

G20 G00

N1
(TOOL - 10 OFFSET - 10)
(2.0 ID BORE .0078R  INSERT - KEN CNMG542)
(FIN ID)
G0 G28 U0. W0.
T1010
G97 S168 M03
G0 G55 X11.3376 Z.074 M8
G50 S800
G96 S500
G99 G1 X11.5376 F.003
X11.2809 Z-.0002
G2 X11.25 Z-.0178 R.0178
G1 Z-.55
X11.05
M9
G0 G28 U0.
G0 G28 U0. W0.
M30
%

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

Try this...any fie you are doing a finish bore. Forget to set a reference position and see what happens. Rapid straight up through the part. EVERY version that I can remember. You will not see it in verify or backplot.

Have you defined a stock? No stock then the software is doing exactly what is should be doing going home the fastest way possible. Stock then it knows to not go through something without stock then yes your must use ref points since you have chosen to go about it a different way. Remember many ways to get something done and with short cuts like not defining stock then it does create extra steps someone must take.

8 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Have you defined a stock? No stock then the software is doing exactly what is should be doing going home the fastest way possible. Stock then it knows to not go through something without stock then yes your must use ref points since you have chosen to go about it a different way. Remember many ways to get something done and with short cuts like not defining stock then it does create extra steps someone must take.

Yes. I have defined stock. Stock was created from lathe stock preview.

Just now, pro grammer said:

Yes. I have defined stock. Stock was created from lathe stock preview.

Then send the file to QC and have them take a look at it. I have programmed in Lathe since V7 and anytime this happened it was a stock problem. Not working for you then they need to look into it and help you get it resolved.