Programinator

Strange move on flowline toolpath

Im just doing a simple flowline toolpths spiral with a ball endmill.  Same toolpaths work fine on other parts of the model but for some reason i get this strange move on this radius.  Why?  Is there a setting to change to get rid of it?

2020-03-09 10_46_11-D__Users_Shawn_Desktop_Forbes files_U of R_T-C-AC-008_T-CA-C-008_A.mcam_ - Maste.jpg

2020-03-09 10_46_52-D__Users_Shawn_Desktop_Forbes files_U of R_T-C-AC-008_T-CA-C-008_A.mcam_ - Maste.jpg

43 minutes ago, Programinator said:

Im just doing a simple flowline toolpths spiral with a ball endmill.  Same toolpaths work fine on other parts of the model but for some reason i get this strange move on this radius.  Why?  Is there a setting to change to get rid of it?

2020-03-09 10_46_11-D__Users_Shawn_Desktop_Forbes files_U of R_T-C-AC-008_T-CA-C-008_A.mcam_ - Maste.jpg

2020-03-09 10_46_52-D__Users_Shawn_Desktop_Forbes files_U of R_T-C-AC-008_T-CA-C-008_A.mcam_ - Maste.jpg

You could try changing the stepover from stepdown to across, most likely the surface has a defect I would just sweep a new surface.

1 minute ago, content creator said:

You could try changing the stepover from stepdown to across, most likely the surface has a defect I would just sweep a new surface.

Thats what i did.  just wondering if it was even more simple than that.  thanks

• Like 1

you could try a tighter arc filter tolerance, maybe change the default .001" total tolerance to .0001 and see if it eliminates it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JoshC said:

you could try a tighter arc filter tolerance, maybe change the default .001" total tolerance to .0001 and see if it eliminates it. 

I sometimes am able to eliminate unwanted moves by either increasing or decreasing the total tolerance value.

That is what drives me nuts, it appears to see a gap in the surface. Did you increase the gap setting? Or just do a swept path