Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Angled slots

petro7

5 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

Why are you creating wireframe geometry? You can just use the solid edges.

I despise solid edges....lack of toolpath control and the inability to import ops with solid geometry negate my use of them, as such, I don't use solid edges.

Plus I'm not looking for the lazy way and I want exact control over my paths.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, JParis said:

I despise solid edges....lack of toolpath control and the inability to import ops with solid geometry negate my use of them, as such, I don't use solid edges.

Plus I'm not looking for the lazy way and I want exact control over my paths.

LOL. I despise wireframe. I seldom have 2 parts with the same geometry. I am not a control freak and I find MC can usually do ok with it's own start/stop selection. I actually think that wireframe is the lazy way to do it and it makes your file look sloppy.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

LOL. I despise wireframe. I seldom have 2 parts with the same geometry. I am not a control freak and I find MC can usually do ok with it's own start/stop selection. I actually think that wireframe is the lazy way to do it and it makes your file look sloppy.

That's ok, you can be wrong...I've been doing this a LONG time...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I, also, have been doing this a looooooong time. I was ecstatic when MC first gave us the ability to use solid edges. In fact, whenever I create solids in MC, the first thing I do is dump the history and the wire. What I really hate is when people create a huge amount of wireframe for multiple ops and they have not figured out how to use viewsheets to organize their ops. That just drives me nuts.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

What I really hate is when people create a huge amount of wireframe for multiple ops and they have not figured out how to use viewsheets to organize their ops. That just drives me nuts.

Yup..I took over for a guy one time who dump EVERYTHING on 1 level unnamed....

I eventually, as I got a handle on workload, dumped everything he did...it took longer to decipher than it did to just start fresh 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, pro grammer said:

We get part revisions quite often and changing out models is less cumbersome if they're less/not integrated with the tool paths.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tim Johnson said:

We get part revisions quite often and changing out models is less cumbersome if they're less/not integrated with the tool paths.

You are correct. That seems to be a bug. You should be able to just change the model and the tool path should just have to be regenerated. MC really needs to fix this BUG. It is a major headache.