Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids highlight color

SSS824

Hi guys I got a message about open cl 1.2 so I updated my GTX 1080's drivers because solids are displaying oddly, when I hover over them they turn dull yellow.

I have my gpu enabled in nvidia cntrol panel..and I see no option to change solid highlight color in configuration.

I'm working from my home pc, my work pc with the same gpu is running fine.  I have no idea what Mcam changed automatically when the open cl 1.2 warning popped up causing all this.

Anyone else have this issue?  I am pretty sure my grey solids just appear slightly darker grey when I hovered over them previously.

2 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

I had other programs robbing my GPU resources and I got the same warning.

I do have solidworks and multiple instances of Mastercam open, but I don't think that is causing the solid highlighting issue.  I do the same and more at work,  32GB of DDR4 ram is always plenty.  These cad systems only utilize a fraction of GPU anyway. 

that looks like the Stipple high-lite, to turn off the setting, go to File --> config --> screen, then uncheck the "use Stipple on solids" check box. There is also a setting called use glow highlighting that may be effecting it too depending on if its turned on or off and its on the same page. 

• Like 1

JoshC is correct- looks like stipple highlighting was turned on on your home setup. A note- Stipple and Glow highlighting options more sensibly reside under File | Configuration | Selection  for 2021. Both of these options are on by default right now for the public Betas.

• Like 1

Mcam tech support:

"Yes there is a setting to change your highlight color.  In mastercam go to File > configuration > colors .  Then select Auto-highlight and change your color, I find that white 15 works pretty well."

image.png.e7ccecd4d1402e782c081627956a1529.png

Here was the issue, I never though it was this set to something other then white, I looked past it everytime.  2020 defaulted to yellow.