Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"internal Operation ID" In Tool Path Manager

b.bixel

I'm using Router version 2018 and I've done a few moves, copy and pastes in the Toolpaths Manager.    I've checked the "internal Operation ID"  in the "Display Options" selection window.  Looking at the ID's in each Toolpath group,  the numbers start going all over the place  starting  with the  5th Toolpath Group.   My question is can the Internal Operation ID be renumbered?  I've tried using the "Repair File" function and forcing a Toolpath regen without success.

Internal Operation ID.png

The idea of internal Operation ID's is that they are never renumbered or changed, and become permanent references tied to that operation upon initial creation. Why do you need to show the Internal Operation ID's to begin with? Typically, these are only leveraged for chooks and other tools that need a permanent key for the operation regardless of if the user reorders it or not.

2 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Typically, these are only leveraged for chooks and other tools that need a permanent key for the operation regardless of if the user reorders it or not.

Yes^,

you would most likely need a chook to accomplish what you are asking, this would also most likely involve deleting and recreating the operations, then adding the toolpath data back in. I cover this in one of my projects https://github.com/PeterRussellEvans/MastercamChookSDK

whats your reasoning for this request? Maybe there is a better way to accomplish what you are after is you can describe to us what you are looking for or the reason you want to change them. I cant understand why you would even want to see them in the first place let alone why you would want to re-number them so if you can elaborate maybe we can point you in another direction for a solution. 

4 hours ago, JoshC said:

whats your reasoning for this request? Maybe there is a better way to accomplish what you are after is you can describe to us what you are looking for or the reason you want to change them. I cant understand why you would even want to see them in the first place let alone why you would want to re-number them so if you can elaborate maybe we can point you in another direction for a solution. 

I can think of the white elephant in the room one because it is quick and easy way to see them like he wants them. That said certain thing in Mastercam must follow a process since in all realty it is just a big database program. We start messing with base structures and weird things start to happen. Reminds me when we use to be able to change base planes oh what havoc that created for a while. 🤨

Hi Bart,

I'm guessing you want to renumber the internal id numbers, so you can just use 'op_id$' as a predefined variable, to output the Operation Number in Mastercam.

If that is what you're after, there is a better way to get it.

First, define your own output variable:

fmt "(OP:" 4 op_num ")"

Then, add a line to 'pparameter$' Post Block:

if prmcode$ = 15240, op_num = rpar(sparameter$, 1)

Now, put "*op_num" on an output line in your 'ptlchg$' and/or 'psof$' section, and voila, you get the Mastercam Operation Number output in the NC Code...

I am not sure what you are after, but it you just want to see an incremental operation number: turn off the internal operation ID.  The List number will still display the operations in the order that they are in the operation manager.  

The "Internal Operation ID" is a number that is assigned to the operation in the order that the operations are created.

The "List numbers" are sequential numbers for all of the operations in the operation manager.

Right now you are seeing 1:1...11:21.  The first number is the "List number" and  increments the way that you want it to. The second number after the colon is the "Internal ID number"

List number is not exactly an intuitive description.

I sometimes use the internal ID number in the Name/description field of the level manager so that I can more easily find the geometry for a particular operation even after I have rearranged or added operations. 

With both List numbers and Internal Operation ID numbers

image.png.6f8bf427df864f9886899af8cb9ba60c.png

With just the List numbers:

image.png.16eb22918c8ecfd676bcb32d762eab74.png

16 hours ago, b.bixel said:

I'm using Router version 2018 and I've done a few moves, copy and pastes in the Toolpaths Manager.    I've checked the "internal Operation ID"  in the "Display Options" selection window.  Looking at the ID's in each Toolpath group,  the numbers start going all over the place  starting  with the  5th Toolpath Group.   My question is can the Internal Operation ID be renumbered?  I've tried using the "Repair File" function and forcing a Toolpath regen without success.

Internal Operation ID.png

I was able to do this with a chook. What version of  Mastercam is this for?