Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Be default look in your documents file. Mine is here:

C:\Users\program1\Documents\My Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\CONFIG

look for the "mcamx.config" file and delete it. Restart mc and a default will replace it. Once you get your config the way you want it, SAVE IT under a different name, BACK IT UP and then set it up in MC to run that config file.

5 minutes ago, HIGH CAM GROUP said:

thnak you for reply

can you share default mcamx.config ?

no need, all of the default settings for your user data folder can be found here C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\common\UserDefaults

In fact, if you close mastercam 2020 and delete your entire user data folder (AKA: "my mastercam2020" Folder), it will rebuild the entire folder the next time you start mastercam using the defaults from the location i mentioned above. So if you want the default settings, just shut down mastercam, rename the file or folder, then start mastercam, and like magic the file gets rebuilt in a default state. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, JoshC said:

no need, all of the default settings for your user data folder can be found here C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\common\UserDefaults

In fact, if you close mastercam 2020 and delete your entire user data folder (AKA: "my mastercam2020" Folder), it will rebuild the entire folder the next time you start mastercam using the defaults from the location i mentioned above. So if you want the default settings, just shut down mastercam, rename the file or folder, then start mastercam, and like magic the file gets rebuilt in a default state. 

actually after taking another look there i dont see the default mcamx.config file, but i am certain this file will automatically rebuild itself it you delete or rename or move it out of the folder so just shut down mastercam, rename that file, then restart mastercam and itll rebuilt the mcamx.config file in a default state. 

I reset our mastercam training pc's often back to defaults and all i do is shut mastercam down and delete the entire "My Mastercam 2020" folder and start mastercam back up and it does a great job of resetting config, toolbar settings, verify settings, etc. back to defaults so i am pretty confident this will work pretty easily for you.

• Like 1