Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Impression of a solid

Born to machine

27 minutes ago, Born to machine said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but a customer has given me a solid model of a part..

Can i say create a solid rectangle model that is bigger than the supplied model and make an inprint  into it of my supplied customer model?

Sort of a reverse imprint ..

Thanks

Hi,

you can accomplish this by creating 2 solid cubes larger than your part, then use the Boolean remove function to hollow out the interior of the solid cubes

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Tim A said:

What if I have a sheet soilid . How can I make a impression of it ?

Probably not. You can however try to thicken it if it is a surface converted into a sheet solid. If it is a closed sheet solid then convert to a surface model and then try to convert back to a solid from the surfaces using a loose tolerance. 

• Thanks 1