Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

You've Lost Connection, You Have One Chance to Save Your Work

Reko

14 minutes ago, Reko said:

Day two with the Codemeter software licensing... no problems yet.

Nethasp's days are numbered

If you look at Alladin's website, it looks like Aladdin has been bought out.

and the Nethasp drivers have not seen any love for nearly a decade.

The Nethasp license manager download in Mastercam.com is dated 2011

1 hour ago, gcode said:

Nethasp's days are numbered

If you look at Alladin's website, it looks like Aladdin has been bought out.

and the Nethasp drivers have not seen any love for nearly a decade.

The Nethasp license manager download in Mastercam.com is dated 2011

Yep, my dealer told me the same thing.

The software is eventually what everyone will be going to.... whether it's handed out by a network server, or on each individual PC.

23 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

We have the problem of people leaving Mcam running when they leave work. I have to reboot their computer and then start Mcam and then exit Mcam before it releases their license. We are in the process of switching to the software license but it only supports 2019 and later.

We have the same problem.  As a partial solution I have it set up to kick all users off in the middle of the night so each day there are licenses available in the morning.

Directions below to stop then restart the nethasp in the middle of the night to close any open Mastercam seats

Save the following as a .bat file on the computer with the Nethasp

NET STOP "HASP Loader"
ping -n 30 127.0.0.1
NET START "HASP Loader"
exit

Then go to the task scheduler   start/all programs/accessories/system tools/task scheduler
Create a basic task and for action select start a program and then select the .bat file you saved
Once the task is created it needs to be edited to run as administrator
 Find the task you created in the task scheduler library and right click and select properties
 Check the box for "Run with the highest privileges"

• Like 2

Final Update...

Since we removed the NetHasp and switched over to the Codemeter software... everything has been flawless.

We have not had one single problem logging in... and no one has been kicked off... not even once... it's been about 2 weeks.

For anyone having trouble with the Nethasp... consider contacting your dealer and asking to "upgrade" to the Codemeter software licensing. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I thought I'd hijack this thread since Reko found resolution for his problem using Codemeter software.

I'm also having network issues. The weird thing is I'm the ONLY mastercam user in our company who is having issues. There are 4 other users and I'm the ONLY one getting regularly kicked off the network(about once a day, though sometimes twice, sometimes not at all). I've got the newest computer. We also tried the Codemeter license and though that software seemed to help a little, I still got kicked off from time to time.

The problem seemed to start when I moved from an office on the floor back into the main office with the other Mastercam users. I talked with our reseller and they were the one to suggest Codemeter but after using it for a month, I still got kicked off some, but not as much. So now I'm back on the nethasp with the other guys.

Our IT guys think it must be some setting in Mastercam, but our reseller acts like it MUST be our network server. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Just now, JParis said:

I'm in that camp

Network congestion by far is the biggest culprit 

but why would it be ONLY me????

15 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

A bad CAT5 cable, connection or receptacle?

thanks, I'll suggest it to my IT department....

2 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

This is why I prefer a good old dongle.

I love dongle.

Dongle is best.

Not in an environment where you have several people using different modules...then every dongle has to contain all of the licensing...

Our Maintenance already  is enough to purchase a full Mill3D w/m-axis every year

To me that's beyond obscene

3 minutes ago, sharles said:

thanks for the replies. I'll try to get IT to start replacing some of that stuff.

but then there's no sharing licenses, right?

Nope, I even throw it in my pocket when I need to work at home.

Edit: there is no license sharing.  All 3 of our seats are the same except mine has lathe.

3 minutes ago, JParis said:

Not in an environment where you have several people using different modules...then every dongle has to contain all of the licensing...

Our Maintenance already  is enough to purchase a full Mill3D w/m-axis every year

To me that's beyond obscene

I can see that for sure.  I've always worked in places that only have 3 or so seats so I'm in a different position with licenses.

• Thanks 1