Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mill-turn plugin

HIGH CAM GROUP

Just now, JParis said:

Maybe not , I'm not 100% on the HLE menu but it doesn't have access to MT, that I do know

Seems like kind of an oversight, what If people want to learn mill turn at home..lets say once lockdown starts..Maybe it is not that important or there is no learning curve.

10 minutes ago, Peter from S.C.C.C. said:

Seems like kind of an oversight,

Nope, that is absolutely by design...it's not like mill, lathe or wire....where any myriad of machines can be used within the mfg module...

MT is VERY specific...when you purchase it, you purchase an a machine environment as well, it will ONLY work with that environment. So it is a very specific product for a specific  machine that is only available as a purchase

No oversight

2 minutes ago, JParis said:

Nope, that is absolutely by design...it's not like mill, lathe or wire....where any myriad of machines can be used within the mfg module...

MT is VERY specific...when you purchase it, you purchase an a machine environment as well, it will ONLY work with that environment. So it is a very specific product for a specific  machine that is only available as a purchase

No oversight

That does not seem very practical..

5 hours ago, Peter from S.C.C.C. said:

That does not seem very practical..

In reality it is very practical and when I was part of the MT development group I laid out my thoughts on the process. MT is by design meant to make someone think they are Mil/Turning a part. It is not like any other part of the software since it requires you to know the MT machine your programming for. Many customers don’t have 10 different MT machines. They may have many different models of the same brand and that keeps it specific. The posting through MP.net is also not like anything thing else. Then exporting to Code Expert in there where you do the syncing, coolant and other things that not portable between the different modules.

Last issue is the that Mastercam is one of most pirated sofwares used in places I have seen. I have gone into shops that buy open seat, but have 10 programmers. The other nine all using pirated software. Yes they were reported and got legal. I scrapped up money to be legal and refuse to program for any company not legal. One bad apple ruins the whole bushel and HLE is meant for learning the basics of the software and MT is not basics it is for specific machines and processes. 

• Like 2

There are 2 different ways to program mill/turn machines with Mastercam

The first is with the dedicated mill/turn module.

It is only available for specific machines. If your machine is not on the list, you are out of luck

The second way is with a lathe machine definition that supports milling.

Very good ones are available for purchase from post builders such as InHouse ( this website) and Postability

There are also generic ones available for download from Mastercam.com

One of these should work with HLE, though you will have to get your dealer involved to get one.

A training tutorial like this will help too

Lathe C & Y axis training turorial

From the questions you are asking, I'm guessing you are new to Mastercam.

I suggest you find some basic training before diving into mill/turn.

If you don't, you will quickly get frustrated and give up.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2