Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The dumbest thing I have ever seen in a mastercam post

pro grammer

4 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Standards... I wish the Heidenheins, Fidias, Siemens, Mazatroll, Okuma, etc... all conformed to FANUC. They should. I mean, FANUC does own over 2/3 of the motion control industry. :coffee:

😜

:

Ditto, our new machines came with a fagor controller, its fine & everything..but I sure would rather have a FANUC every day of the week.

I requested the mpmaster documentation from my reseller, they said I could only request for versions prior to Mastercam 2020 because the process has changed since then, I imagine we are going to see a lot of difference in the post development process as the years tick on..

5 hours ago, Peter from S.C.C.C. said:

I requested the mpmaster documentation from my reseller, they said I could only request for versions prior to Mastercam 2020 because the process has changed since then, I imagine we are going to see a lot of difference in the post development process as the years tick on..

Assuming you mean the MP post docs, this is likely specific to your reseller.

The post docs for 2020 are available, but their format has changed.  Gone is the bulky .PDF; for 2020 and beyond the post docs are in (a much improved) .HTML format.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Zaffin_D said:

The post docs for 2020 are available, but their format has changed.  Gone is the bulky .PDF; for 2020 and beyond the post docs are in (a much improved) .HTML format.

Zaffin..

Ok thanks..

1 hour ago, Zaffin_D said:

If your re-seller give you a hard time about it, is it bad form to ask for the MP Post docs from an eMC member?

Just now, JB7280 said:

If your re-seller give you a hard time about it, is it bad form to ask for the MP Post docs from an eMC member?

A few job changes ago, I mentioned here that I was running a new machine and wanted to customize a post. I asked what a good out of the box post to start with was for that particular machine. Three or four people emailed me their post. But if you come here to the forum and ask for a post, you'll get pointed to the forum rules rather quickly.

I think you'd be amazed at what is shared behind closed doors among contributing members in good standing. Just sayin. If i had it, I'd give it to you.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Thad said:

A few job changes ago, I mentioned here that I was running a new machine and wanted to customize a post. I asked what a good out of the box post to start with was for that particular machine. Three or four people emailed me their post. But if you come here to the forum and ask for a post, you'll get pointed to the forum rules rather quickly.

I think you'd be amazed at what is shared behind closed doors among contributing members in good standing. Just sayin. If i had it, I'd give it to you.

i can understand inHouse position as they sell posts

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Posts, I do understand.  However I wasn't sure, being that this is the post documentation, which, from what I understand, is free to share.  However, I no longer need it.  The problem seemed to solve itself.  😎

4 minutes ago, htm01 said:

but it is their site , that they let us use for free

and most of the time it's pirates that are looking for free posts

I'm not arguing or complaining about their position. Clearly you've missed the point.

19 hours ago, gcode said:

it's standardization for you, anyone else would call it customization... and as I said before...

there is nothing wrong with that.

If MC posts were "standardized" they'd also be locked and people would complain because they couldn't edit them.

We have 30 or 40 different s posts here...some are mpmaster based, some are purchased... but not one of them is

out of the box stock

What seems to be out of the box stock its turning on xcoolant before a tool change. Somebody there needs to go run a fanuc machine for once.

15 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

What seems to be out of the box stock its turning on xcoolant before a tool change. Somebody there needs to go run a fanuc machine for once.

I understand your wants but honestly there are bigger things to solve instead of this IMHO. Possibly you could send your suggestions into CNC Software.

2 hours ago, htm01 said:

i can understand inHouse position as they sell posts

Yes, I can understand as well, but I might point out that hoarding knowledge delays progress.

54 minutes ago, jeff said:

I'm the best.

Yes, yes we know. 

:sofa::p

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

Modern MC posts give you the option of turning on coolant before, during or after a tool change

Frankly, I've never seen a reason for before or during... I just set it to After.. and forget about it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gcode said:

Modern MC posts give you the option of turning on coolant before, during or after a tool change

When I was a lathe operator, that is when I would get wet!

Just now, Peter from S.C.C.C. said:

When I was a lathe operator, that is when I would get wet!

Yes.. I ruined a very nice laptop that way.

Coolant came on unexpectantly and was hitting me in the chest.

I stepped out of the way, shut the coolant off and turned to see my laptop.

The keys were little islands in a lake of coolant.

I pulled the power, shut it down, drained it and let it dry for a week.

It ran for a couple of days, long enough to back it up, but then it made a little pop

and let all the smoke out... and that was the end of that

21 minutes ago, gcode said:

It ran for a couple of days, long enough to back it up, but then it made a little pop

Oh my gish that is terrible!:wallbash:I heard from a friend he rescued his electronics from something similar by drowning it in water and soap.. Havent had the chance to try myself...

There is a long running joke at my shop. I had to change the coolant for a guy as the machine he was using had no thru coolant.

I hit before in the edit common parameters.

He got blasted.

Our first 20k matsuura had to be before as the coolant won't turn in while it runs. So I put a note in the coolant string (close the door)

1 hour ago, gcode said:

At my old shop we had a newbie operator on our mill. And at the end of the shift we would use a small garden style hose attached to the coolant to hose down the inside of the machine.

Well he was doing this and it came off the connection and started shooting coolant all over the place. He panicked and used his body as a shield so it wouldn't go onto the floor until someone ran over and hit the Coolant Off button lol.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen in a shop.

• Haha 3