Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The dumbest thing I have ever seen in a mastercam post

pro grammer

1 hour ago, Grievous said:

How about here in North America we declare imperial standard obsolete, and we stop using it, because the majority of people on this planet use a better and more simple system called metric. 

when I was in college in the mid 70's there was a big push going on to convert the US to metric.

They told us the imperial system would be dead in the US by the end of the decade.

They also told us  peak oil, global cooling, mass starvation, over population, acid rain, global warming, disco and a host of other calamities were going to kill us all.

None of that happened.

Maybe they meant the 2080's ?????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Grievous said:

How about here in North America we declare imperial standard obsolete, and we stop using it, because the majority of people on this planet use a better and more simple system called metric. 

What does it matter when it's all in the form of a decimal number anyway.     :sofa:

IMPERIAL RULES!   Metric drools!

Edited by jeff
  • Like 1
On 4/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, Grievous said:

One thing is for sure. I would much rather have a 1 kilo T-bone than a 1 pound T-bone.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, Zaffin_D said:

This appears to do a bit more than rename e$.  It appers to allow the user to add a end of line string to every output line in one place.  For example if you wanted to add '*' to the end of every string you could do the following.

Absolutely right. Most of the time having these in separate post blocks is completely redundant. But every now and then when we run into a custom application where it is a huge time saver.

As far as standards go, all these posts are coming out of Canada.... I can tell you my height in feet and inches, but if you want that in cm I will need to I read what is printed on my drivers license. We can't all agree on one language to speak either. :P

PS. There is a "U" in colour, and centre ends with "RE" not "ER" 🇨🇦

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

Absolutely right. Most of the time having these in separate post blocks is completely redundant. But every now and then when we run into a custom application where it is a huge time saver.

As far as standards go, all these posts are coming out of Canada.... I can tell you my height in feet and inches, but if you want that in cm I will need to I read what is printed on my drivers license. We can't all agree on one language to speak either. :P

PS. There is a "U" in colour, and centre ends with "RE" not "ER" 🇨🇦

Don't forget, Canadians also have free health care. We need to synchronize with that.

5 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Not free just heavily taxed into submission.

It's not so bad.. my totally government and provincial taxes combined are less than your health care costs alone, literally.

11 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Not free just heavily taxed into submission.

Don't buy into that hysteria. We are paying far more for insurance and health care that covers next to nothing. We have the worst health care of any industrialized nation.  You have been listening to the corporate media. That's a NO NO. Do the math and you will see how hard you are getting screwed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:30 AM, Zaffin_D said:

假设您的意思是MP post docs,这可能是您的经销商所特有的。

2020年的发布文档可用,但其格式已更改。笨拙的.PDF已消失。在2020年及以后发布的文档均采用(大大改进).HTML格式。

Hello, my friend! For some reasons, I cannot get it from the dealer. Could you please send a document to my email address ? Mastercam MP Post Documentation(2019 or later)

Learning about POST is like being possessed!

If you have Alipay, can pay a fee!

4 hours ago, hehuahome said:

Hello, my friend! For some reasons, I cannot get it from the dealer. Could you please send a document to my email address ? Mastercam MP Post Documentation(2019 or later)

Learning about POST is like being possessed!

If you have Alipay, can pay a fee!

Contact CNC Software directly if your dealer won't give it to you but no one is going to share a controlled document..

[email protected]