Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The dumbest thing I have ever seen in a mastercam post

pro grammer

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:05 PM, Bob W. said:

My sales guy always asks why we don't just hold the part/ print up to the monitor and hit CTRL-P and have the machine make it.  Now THAT would be progress...

I've actually heard a Top-level Manager say that.

24 minutes ago, denkizz said:

I've actually heard a Top-level Manager say that.

We've had customers for commercial parts come in and think that was pretty much how the process works.   Upload a model to the machine.  Machine makes part. 

They couldn't figure out why we had NRE's factored in to the quote. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, neurosis said:

We've had customers for commercial parts come in and think that was pretty much how the process works.   Upload a model to the machine.  Machine makes part. 

They couldn't figure out why we had NRE's factored in to the quote. 

Been saying it for years. Just like the flying cars, just hasn't happened yet. With the 3D scanners and some of the new tech, I could see how it could get close though. Simple 2D profiling could be done with a scanned image. I haven't tried the FBM, but from what I've seen it's getting really good.

Years ago I read an article about mastercam automatically machining radiation heat sinks for cancer treatment.

So this heatsink would have a bunch of ridges for targeted radiation and they were getting it email automatically program and send it to the machine. This had to be like 15 years ago.

Because it was different for every patient and every session they were always make to order