Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Happy 20 Year Anniversary eMastercam.com

17 years for me this June. I came in here with a bad attitude not happy with my dealer. After we got that corrected 😉 I learned so much and wanted to give back to those that have helped me so much over the years. Still can't repay this forum for the help they gave me and my family 8 years ago when I was laid up in Coma and not given much of a chance to live. Everyone stay safe and healthy through all of this and see you all in 20 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, pro grammer said:

And MC does not play well with ATI.

Isn't ATI dead and gone ??

I had a laptop back in the early years (2000-2003) with an ATI card.

I found a patch for the ATI drivers and it ran fine.

I've still got that laptop. I paid so much $$$ for it and 2 mounting stations back in the day that

I can't bring myself to throw it away

5 hours ago, gcode said:

Aug 2000 for me

Hard to believe it's been 20 years

I wandered in the door looking for help with an ATI video card I had just spent big $$$ on.

Quadro G.

Shoulda bought a Quadro...  :hrhr:

Thanks to this site (and Ed!), I'm here in Spain :D but more importantly had the honor to meet a bunch of y'all that will be my life long friends :cheers:

There's still a few of you guys i'd love to have a pint with though - hopefully next time!

• Thanks 1

May 2002 for me. 18 years!

Mask on arc wouldn't work until BernieT (where are you Bernie?!?) told me I had to Combine Views first. :thumbsup:

Thank you InHouse for all that you do! Thank you to everyone here who I learn from every day. You're the best!!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Thad said:

Mask on arc wouldn't work until BernieT (where are you Bernie?!?) told me I had to Combine Views first.

Oh gosh that the worst parts of Mastercam arcs and views! How mAny times I have seen people complain about crashes because of this.

1 minute ago, Peter from S.C.C.C. said:

Oh gosh that the worst parts of Mastercam arcs and views! How mAny times I have seen people complain about crashes because of this.

I haven't heard of any crashes, just that it won't find all the arcs of the given size until you combine views. Or maybe I heard about them and forgot. 😆

1 minute ago, Thad said:

I haven't heard of any crashes, just that it won't find all the arcs of the given size until you combine views. Or maybe I heard about them and forgot. 😆

Ya I heard of crashes more than once, I remember my first experience with arc views, I was using vbscript api and it kept telling me my arcs at z0. were some ridiculous number!

46 minutes ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Quadro G.

Shoulda bought a Quadro...  :hrhr:

I don't think Quadro even existed back then.

Some I remember were 3D Labs, Matrox, Orchid and of course ATI

The problem then is still the problem today... Open GL support..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gcode said:

Matrox Cards Ruled the Day for a little while I kept one or two just in case for some older systems   NT 4  Win 2000.

• Like 3
On 3/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, CADCAM3D5AXIS said:

Matrox Cards Ruled the Day for a little while I kept one or two just in case for some older systems   NT 4  Win 2000.

yeah.. if I remember right the Matrox Mystique was the bomb for a while.

I've probably still got one in a box, buried in the back of a closet somewhere.

• Like 2
On 3/23/2020 at 12:34 PM, gcode said:

Yep, and ATI is STILL dog crap on the OpenGL support. And IT fools are still buyin' 'em. Some people NEVER learn. Of course, "if it works for gaming, it MUST work for CAD/CAM/CAE... 🤪"

• Like 1