Sign in to follow this  
navsENG

Arc Filter on helical entry

Recommended Posts

One thing I dont like about these "newer" toolpaths, is that on a helical entry I always get point to point code..

Even if I go into the filter tolerance, bump it up to a few thou (for roughing) , and enable the line/arc filter settings. This will greatly simplify the code, but it never seems to fix the ramp in. That can add a lot to the size of the code / toolpath..

Am I missing something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, navsENG said:

Am I missing something

Bottom right corner of the Filter page?

The 3D arc on switch ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the switch you are looking for

One thing to keep in mind.. you cannot get 3D arc entry output on the newer 5 axis hole toolpaths.

They do not output the necessary NCI code

This switch should work for most other toolpaths

3D arc entry.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gcode said:

I think this is the switch you are looking for

One thing to keep in mind.. you cannot get 3D arc entry output on the newer 5 axis hole toolpaths.

They do not output the necessary NCI code

This switch should work for most other toolpaths

3D arc entry.jpg

Wow, I feel stupid right now...

Thanks gcode, that helps me also..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also need to make sure you have helix support turned on in your Control Definition

 

 

helical arcs.jpg

  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember which, but there is another toolpath that, for some reason wont output entry helixes, only point to point, even with the arc entry turned on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gcode said:

You also need to make sure you have helix support turned on in your Control Definition

 

 

helical arcs.jpg

All planes supported needs to be actvie in that picture. The output above should only support X-Y and not X-Y-Z thus nulling out Helix entry arc output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

All planes supported needs to be actvie in that picture. The output above should only support X-Y and not X-Y-Z thus nulling out Helix entry arc output.

This should work fine in a standard 3X milling operation. the circular motion is in the XY plane.. the helix motion is along the Z axis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 6:04 AM, gcode said:

You also need to make sure you have helix support turned on in your Control Definition

 

 

helical arcs.jpg

I think for me this has been the issue, in the control definition...

Thanks ! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us