Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating a new Machine Simulation machine

So not a Guru

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

I can't figure out how to get this done. Using 2019

I have created a model of my machine.

I've created a folder for the machine in the MachSim folder. The folder has the 6 each stl files of the machine, properly oriented.

How do I get MC to recognize the folder & it's contents?

I will normally take a machine close to what I need and copy the folder and rename it to the new machine. I then start a session with a different machine and then open up the new machine I just copied. I save as the new machine with the new name and that creates a new xml file. I then go in and start editing what I need for the new machines. I save it and then launch that machine from the simulator tab to test and go from there. From scratch I have done, but a lot more work though pretty much the same process. Pay close attention to the names no spaces or special characters allowed.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, jeff said:

I want to make a small edit on one of my machine's Z axis and remove a coolant nozzle. How would I go about doing that? I don't know how to change the STL model.

How complex is the stl? If it's simple enough you can create curves and make a new solid, then save that as a stl to replace your existing Z axis.

2 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

How complex is the stl? If it's simple enough you can create curves and make a new solid, then save that as a stl to replace your existing Z axis.

the nozzle at the bottom is what I want to remove. for interference purposes.

z axis.PNG