So not a Guru

Creating a new Machine Simulation machine

I can't figure out how to get this done. Using 2019

I have created a model of my machine.

I've created a folder for the machine in the MachSim folder. The folder has the 6 each stl files of the machine, properly oriented.

How do I get MC to recognize the folder & it's contents?

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

I can't figure out how to get this done. Using 2019

I have created a model of my machine.

I've created a folder for the machine in the MachSim folder. The folder has the 6 each stl files of the machine, properly oriented.

How do I get MC to recognize the folder & it's contents?

I will normally take a machine close to what I need and copy the folder and rename it to the new machine. I then start a session with a different machine and then open up the new machine I just copied. I save as the new machine with the new name and that creates a new xml file. I then go in and start editing what I need for the new machines. I save it and then launch that machine from the simulator tab to test and go from there. From scratch I have done, but a lot more work though pretty much the same process. Pay close attention to the names no spaces or special characters allowed.

• Like 2

I want to make a small edit on one of my machine's Z axis and remove a coolant nozzle. How would I go about doing that? I don't know how to change the STL model.

4 minutes ago, jeff said:

I want to make a small edit on one of my machine's Z axis and remove a coolant nozzle. How would I go about doing that? I don't know how to change the STL model.

How complex is the stl? If it's simple enough you can create curves and make a new solid, then save that as a stl to replace your existing Z axis.

2 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

How complex is the stl? If it's simple enough you can create curves and make a new solid, then save that as a stl to replace your existing Z axis.

the nozzle at the bottom is what I want to remove. for interference purposes.

z axis.PNG

I might be able to help....   See pm's shortly.  Might work.

Otherwise, make a toolpath, cut it off and using the stl as stock and resave it...

30 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Otherwise, make a toolpath, cut it off and using the stl as stock and resave it...

That is a great idea!