Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 Flowline ribcut issues

Devonm07

3 minutes ago, JParis said:

I look at the pictures and wonder why you're trying to use the Ribcut setting for that?  Just a standard dlowline should get that providing the surfaces flow together.

If not make new ones or a different path option

I am trying to use rib cut to only have one  path through the middle to represent a chamfer (actually a rad segment). 

3 minutes ago, Devonm07 said:

I am trying to use rib cut to only have one  path through the middle to represent a chamfer (actually a rad segment). 

100 ways to skin that cat. Flowline would not be my choice...a 3D project, a 5 axis curve probablt the 2 I would go to first....maybe even a Blend, though getting a single pass could be tricky

Rib cut? Agree with Mr Paris why are you trying to use this toolpath to cut that surface? What successes have you had using that toolpath before? Flowline would be the better choice as a rib cut I would maybe try in an internal fillet, but not an external one. Is it an external chamfer? Might try pencil and see if gives you what you want.

5 minutes ago, billb said:

We have that logged as a bug (D-36914, D-38758).  As a work-around, you might be able to use the “Single row only” checkbox.  Rib cuts work in that mode provided the drive surfaces form a single row, not a quilt / grid.

seems to change the cut direction when i try that. 

8 minutes ago, JParis said:

100 ways to skin that cat. Flowline would not be my choice...a 3D project, a 5 axis curve probablt the 2 I would go to first....maybe even a Blend, though getting a single pass could be tricky

We are lacking in the 5 axis addons, but for the project path would you just program it as a 3d chamfer and drive the projetion from that NCI? im open totrying other things, this was just the first tutorial i had found and seemed to work in the tutorial, not so much in real life.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Rib cut? Agree with Mr Paris why are you trying to use this toolpath to cut that surface? What successes have you had using that toolpath before? Flowline would be the better choice as a rib cut I would maybe try in an internal fillet, but not an external one. Is it an external chamfer? Might try pencil and see if gives you what you want.

i have never used pencil before but ill give it a go!