Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2021 beta version extremely slow

wojtek90

Hi,

I loaded today 2021 beta version of Mastercam in order to check ADVANCE DRYLLING CYCLE.  

After installing it it is extremely slow i have to wait couple of minutes to do anything.

(Advance Drilling Cycle looking good it is what I need)

I have:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    BASE
System Manufacturer    Acer
System Model    Aspire TC-885
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    0000000000000000
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Acer R01-A0, 29/03/2018
SMBIOS Version    3.1
Embedded Controller Version    170.170
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Acer
BaseBoard Product    Aspire TC-885
BaseBoard Version    V:1.1
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    On
PCR7 Configuration    Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.17763.1007"
User Name    BASE\wojte
Time Zone    Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    10.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory    18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory    10.3 GB
Page File Space    2.38 GB

How can improve performance?

I'm not familiar with Windows Home Version Builds but it looks like your system needs to be updated

There were some version of Windows that slowed Mastercam down to the point it was useless

I would try updating Windows.

also I'm not seeing a video card listed there

If you are running and onboard Intel video, you will have nothing but trouble

System Requirements

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Be very careful! I downloaded it and it wiped out my codemeter settings. It was insanely slow. My support reseller wiped their hands and blamed it on another software. It started right after I loaded it. Everything was fine until I loaded 2021. Took me 3 days to get all my software working. (ie Mastercam, Solidworks and Griffo Brothers.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, The Chipmaker said:

Be very careful! I downloaded it and it wiped out my codemeter settings. It was insanely slow. My support reseller wiped their hands and blamed it on another software.

I had an issue, though not Beta related with Codemeter updating and being dog slow....my reseller had to turn to CNC to view in and they fixed it...

Make sure that you only have the server that has codemeter on it listed in servers...

Under Server Configuration  >> Server Access >> Enable

We also had to update the Codemeter Software on the server....this is not dissimilar from updating the nhasp software on occasion

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Beta software is, by definition, not stable. It is a testing platform to suss out problems. That your reseller is "washing their hands", rather than forwarding the issue to CNC Software, says volumes about your reseller. 

Am I wrong @Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software? 

Absolutely.  Feel free to reach out directly to our QC department.  The easiest way is via [email protected].  That's the inbox that you want to use for beta software.

For the OP, the first steps are going to be what's already been said here, though, make sure that Windows is up to date, make sure there's nothing wonky going on with the codemeter license server, etc.  

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of experience with Windows 10 Home on Intel cards in the building.  All of our computers use Windows 10 Pro and Nvidia or ATI cards, as that's our minimum recommended system.  We're not going to saddle our guys with less than our recommended, that's not a good use of resources.

• Like 1