Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nanocool cil300A-CL chiller

Looking for some help in diagnosing a spindle chiller that is alarming out our machine. The chiller will occasionally run w/o faults, but more often recently will alarm out the machine. The chiller will alarm during operation, or during initial power on. High/low temps are not the issue, when it runs everything seems normal comparatively to another machine tool with the same unit. The chiller screen blinks A101 when it alarms.  Any help greatly appreciated, thanks for looking and keep them chips flying.

49 minutes ago, Eric@HorsepowerInc. said:

Looking for some help in diagnosing a spindle chiller that is alarming out our machine. The chiller will occasionally run w/o faults, but more often recently will alarm out the machine. The chiller will alarm during operation, or during initial power on. High/low temps are not the issue, when it runs everything seems normal comparatively to another machine tool with the same unit. The chiller screen blinks A101 when it alarms.  Any help greatly appreciated, thanks for looking and keep them chips flying.

Eric what does that alarm mean? Are you getting dirty power to it? Does it have a good ground? Do you have a Welder or EDM on the same power circuit as it? When is the last time the lines where flushed and gone through to make sure your getting proper flushing through out the system? Has a line gotten hard and not longer bending correctly and crimping flow? I have seen nice looking front side or the coolers then you pull out a fan the other side is just full of caked on gunk. Is the pump getting old and not creating the same flow it once did? Those are just some of the things I can think of.

How is the Master3DGage arm holding up? Hope your company and family are doing well. Stay safe and have a good day.

Ron good to hear from you, all is good here...thanks for asking, we wish you and yours the same. The 3D gage is still an essential asset to our company and a key component to operations. I can honestly say there is a few jobs we could not have done without this piece of equipment.   
We have a pretty good maintenance schedule which includes fluids and cleaning ( removing sheet metal) and getting to the good stuff. The chiller ran fine for 6+ hrs today after finally getting it to power on.  The units runs within 1 deg of another similar, no strange pump noises or tell tales. Then suddenly...kicks alarm 01 (upper limit reached). Parameters are has always been. We’re thinking a sensor glitching out or the main board. Hate to just start throwing parts...but technical data for unit is limited. I’ll update what we find out, hopefully w/o having to replace the unit. Of course it’s always the hottest job in the machine that shouldn’t stop.

1 hour ago, Eric@HorsepowerInc. said:

Ron good to hear from you, all is good here...thanks for asking, we wish you and yours the same. The 3D gage is still an essential asset to our company and a key component to operations. I can honestly say there is a few jobs we could not have done without this piece of equipment.   
We have a pretty good maintenance schedule which includes fluids and cleaning ( removing sheet metal) and getting to the good stuff. The chiller ran fine for 6+ hrs today after finally getting it to power on.  The units runs within 1 deg of another similar, no strange pump noises or tell tales. Then suddenly...kicks alarm 01 (upper limit reached). Parameters are has always been. We’re thinking a sensor glitching out or the main board. Hate to just start throwing parts...but technical data for unit is limited. I’ll update what we find out, hopefully w/o having to replace the unit. Of course it’s always the hottest job in the machine that shouldn’t stop.

Eric, good to hear about the Master3DGage. I have to agree sounds like a bad sensor or maybe the board like your suspecting. These are the ones that will drive you crazy chasing. Yes always when the hottest part in the shop is running on that piece of equipment.

2 hours ago, Eric@HorsepowerInc. said:

Leon it’s funny you mention flipping the breaker twice, that’s  the routine we have been seeing to get her running in the am. Thanks for the insight, something we can try and look into. This chiller is on a Doosan, but I will say I’m sorta happy to hear they use this brand on Makino.

I'll check the actual brand. In not sure what it is

Ours is a Habor

6 minutes ago, Eric@HorsepowerInc. said:

Yes, but we couldn’t find it. A slight twist in the board allowed her to make chips all day. 👏 now...if we can get the board from Korea, or when is the question.

I baked a motherboard in my oven to re flow the joints. I ended up doing it 7 or 8 times before I bought a new laptop.

But in your case if it doesn't work I guess your down a bunch of machine time