Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Crashing

Good morning,

I'm working on a program that has a couple different multisurface toolpaths and a few opti rough toolpaths. Pretty much every time I make a change to one of them and regen the program crashes. I have my memory buffer set to 99% and delete regen files on exit checked. Would this be a memory issue?

1 hour ago, Wargo said:

Good morning,

I'm working on a program that has a couple different multisurface toolpaths and a few opti rough toolpaths. Pretty much every time I make a change to one of them and regen the program crashes. I have my memory buffer set to 99% and delete regen files on exit checked. Would this be a memory issue?

Never set your buffer to 99% you are robbing the OS of needed resources to function. I will set mine to 85% max.

image.thumb.png.fcccf8f5af3722757a67c3a21a8f0483.png

• Like 2
14 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Ron, how much ram do you have on your machine there.  That is showing 111,260!  Are you really running 128GB of ram now?

64 Gb is basically the minimum I'd go with these days for any heavy surfacing. 128 Gb is obviously better.

I've seen some of the programs Ron has made with 300-500 operations. You need to have that much RAM when dealing with that kind of memory load.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

64 Gb is basically the minimum I'd go with these days for any heavy surfacing. 128 Gb is obviously better.

I've seen some of the programs Ron has made with 300-500 operations. You need to have that much RAM when dealing with that kind of memory load.

There was he 1584 operations program I did for one rocket part last year. We had Broaching, Thread milling and other things along with every safety check that made it that many. Any other place 100 operations max for the same part. 

• Like 2