Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating letters question

danatoem

This may be more curiosity than anything, and it may have been hashed over before and i'm not seeing it? Im using 2019 and when I hover my mouse over "create letters" in the wireframe area a window appears and says "create alphanumeric characters comprised of lines, arcs, and nurb splines". So when I create letters using generic stick font or box font it gives me only lines and no arcs? Im thinking there is a way to output as the "window" says, arcs?  is there a setting I can change to achieve this?

We are just using a stick font and making a pass on the centerline. I noticed that there is a  arial true type font but its not usable for me.

I would end up having to do a pocket pass, when a single pass on the centerline is all that's needed for us.

6 hours ago, danatoem said:

This may be more curiosity than anything, and it may have been hashed over before and i'm not seeing it? Im using 2019 and when I hover my mouse over "create letters" in the wireframe area a window appears and says "create alphanumeric characters comprised of lines, arcs, and nurb splines". So when I create letters using generic stick font or box font it gives me only lines and no arcs? Im thinking there is a way to output as the "window" says, arcs?  is there a setting I can change to achieve this?

I recommend just leaving the geometry as lines, and running a 2D Contour path as centerline. In the path, you can use the Toolpath Filter to create arcs, by analyzing the path. This is a much better way of generating arcs.

Try using .002 for the total tolerance. Then, enable the Line/Arc Filter.

Set your Cut Tolerance to 25% (.0005), and your Arc Tolerance will go to 75%. (.0015). Set your "min radius" to 0.01 and your "max radius" to 40 inches.