Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Collision stop on Simulation

Programinator

I get a collision stop in simulation from the shank of the tool touching wall.  Im using a cutter that doesnt have enough flute length for the depth im going.  So im doing it in steps.  The first pass is fine but when the simulation goes for the second depth of pass it stops simulation on a collision.  In verify it does not do this but in simulation it stops.  Is there a setting or something to get this behavior to stop.  I see there is a setting for verify as shown in pictures.  is there a setting like that for simulation. Thanks

2020-04-09 17_14_12-.jpg

2020-04-09 17_16_23-Options.jpg

Let me guess HST toolpath? They will do this unless you have holder collision turned on. Yes seems odd to have to turn on holder collision to not get the shank to rub, but I have seen this issue for a couple of versions now. The fix is to not take any cut deeper than the flute of the tool which your doing, but use shank clearance on the holder collision. I had one project where I had to limit the depth of cut to the step up I wanted and still do a step up to get the path to not shank out. Customer was not happy, but they were late when I was asked to help so they dealt with it.