Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Probleme Chanfrein 3D

Salut ,   et désolé si je parle en Français..

j'ai un problème pour réaliser des chanfrein 3D sur une pièce incliné... (exemple simple en photo)

En attendant de trouver la bonne solution , Je procède avec un contour 3D en enlevant le rayon dans la compensation outil .

mais dans les angles je me retrouve avec des énormes rayon d'outil1545831321_chanfrein3D.thumb.png.aa0de46279dca66a34b3ec48639d1bda.png.

Existe t il une fonction caché . ? car l'option MODEL CHAMFER marche pas en 3D , ou alors je ne sais pas pas m'en servir.

Merci par avance.

ps: j'utilise mastercam 2017 et 2020    (débutant)

49 minutes ago, Xmille said:

thank you ,   but my question was how to make a chamfer in 3D.

With your file someone will verify that you are not using bootleg software (crack version). Secondly it shows that you are doing leg work and have the part set up correctly.

If you are not willing to do these steps you will not find help here within this forum.

Merci pour ta réponse ..

Ici on est plus a savoir si la version est légal ou pas .. plutôt que de répondre a une question ...

Dommage ..

Pour répondre a la légalité !! ma version 2017 est légale . et la 2020 non .. car je voulais m'entrainé chez moi ! au lieu de m'entrainer au travail en dehors des heures .. ce qui n'est pas permis dans mon cas ....

Puis si il faut acheter pour essayer .. bein sa serait la mort de plusieurs logiciels ... mais bon la on rentre dans un autre débats ..

Merci en tout cas .. je vais essayé de me trouver un autre Forum Mastercam Fr .... (ce qui n'est pas facile a trouver )

18 minutes ago, Xmille said:

Thank you for your answer ..

Here we are more to know if the version is legal or not .. rather than answering a question ...

Pity ..

To meet the legality !! my 2017 version is legal. and the 2020 no .. because I wanted to train at home! instead of training for work outside of hours ... which is not allowed in my case ...

Then if you have to buy to try .. well it would be the death of several software ... but hey we enter another debate ..

Thank you anyway .. I will try to find another Forum Mastercam Fr .... (which is not easy to find )

You can post and use Mastercam 2020 HLE files. This is perfectly acceptable.  (Mastercam Home Learning Edition) available to download from your reseller.

Please don't be offended but everyone here has to purchase their software (personal or companies). Lots of help available here to legit users.

1 hour ago, #Rekd™ said:

You can post and use Mastercam 2020 HLE files. This is perfectly acceptable.  (Mastercam Home Learning Edition) available to download from your reseller.

Please don't be offended but everyone here has to purchase their software (personal or companies). Lots of help available here to legit users.

Yes HLE is free and you can do everything you need so much easier in 2020. 3D Model chamfer was not in the 2017 version and it is in 2020. In 2017 it would have required some geometry creating to create some swept chains to use to sweep the chamfer with to make it. In 2020 click the edge and make the solid chamfer. Huge Difference in both methods.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Xmille said:

Ici on est plus a savoir si la version est légal ou pas .. plutôt que de répondre a une question ...

Le truc à savoir c'est que ce forum est mis à disposition et maintenu par un revendeur alors ce sujet est sensible car il impacte directement leur business.

Comme il a déjà été dit tu peux utiliser une version HLE, qui dispose de toutes les fonctions de la version industrielle et qui est seulement limitée par l'impossibilite de passer au post processeur.

Pour ce qui est de trouver un forum Fr actif et réunissant autant d'utilisateurs expérimentés avec Mastercam ça n'existe pas malheureusement...

Encore une fois, les gens ici t'aideront volontiers mais il ne faut pas tricher.

Thank you for your answers ...

it of course that I fully understand for the official version of the software .. so I will try to find a student version.

but otherwise, to come back to a question about the chamfer, the 3D chamfer function usually works.

but not in case there is an angle ..

Je vous remercie pour vos réponses ...

hé biensur que je comprends totalement pour la version officiel de logiciel .. je vais donc essayé de trouver une version étudiante.

mais sinon, pour en revenir a ma question sur le chanfrein , la fonction chanfrein 3D fonctionne habituellement.

mais pas dans se cas ou il y a un angle ..

1 hour ago, Xmille said:

but otherwise, to come back to a question about the chamfer, the 3D chamfer function usually works. but not in case there is an angle ..

As stated above by Ron in Mastercam 2017 you will need to create some 2D geometry and do a sweep. In Mastercam 2020 you can do it easily.

Are you sure your issue is about Mastercam command not with your chamfer tool capabilities?

I mean, even with a chamfer mill with a perfect theoretic 0 diameter (sharp edge) tool bit you won't be able to machine sharp angles like those on your screenshot just contouring (especially if you're machining in Top view) . If you could use a tilted plane it wouldn't that easier but you could try to follow angle edges (try engrave command to see what I mean).

• Like 1

Are you referring to machining the chamfers?

The Round slot with a ball endmill. Flowline.

The Rectangle Slot 5 Axis machine and Contour tilting the head to machine them. If on a 3 Axis then your not going to get the sharp corners that is not a manufactureable feature in 3 axis.

Yes in 20202 they have improved the software to make solid chamfers on angles to a point. Not perfect like other CAD, but much better than previous versions.

5th Axis Chamfer

Here is a sample file in 2020 with some toolpaths. You get the HLE version you can open this file and see what I did. If you logon at the www.mastercam.com website they have the free Mastercam U classes and if you get them you can get the HLE version once you register for them.

• Like 1

thank you for yor answer.

my machine is a 3 axis so I have to be machined from above.
I tested the engraving function. its not working in 3D. pity
I don't think I have a tool problem. I tried with several models tools.

Thanks for the sample file.
flowline or morph mode will be the most suitable for this example.

and concerning the 5axis machining .. my machine does not do it .. but I will keep the example to work on it .. the day when I will have a 5axis :)

Thank you again for your answers.